Make me pull the trigger....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ((( Sunn Aphex ))), Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have been researching the iPad for a while now and I think I am ready to buy it. I like it a lot. Just one final time, everybody that have one like it?

I will be purchasing the following:

- Apple iPad 32gb Wifi
    - Marware Eco Vue iPad Case

I am shaking with anticipation, haha, but I am afraid to press buy, you all like your iPads right?
  2. Unreal Boy

Unreal Boy Member

Device:
    iPad
    I have the same ipad you are going to buy, i love it

The games apps and websurfing are all amazing

One thing i would recomend is trying out netflix, streaming movies to the ipad is amazing

Your gonna love it, trust me

I typed this on my ipad, i hardly use my desktop anymore lol

I terms of cases, i got the full protection from invisible shield and a cheap netbook case for when i go places
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    *pressed buy for you*

There you go, done. :| Just buy it.
  4. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Don't do it! Hold out for the next version or the one after that. You'll be kicking yourself when the next version comes out and has all the stuff this version is missing. It's only a year, you can wait.

I learned my lesson with the iPhone and iPod touch, never buy the first iteration. Apple likes to trickle out features. Look at the iPhone, 3 years in and the first 2 versions are already loosing support.

You could always sell it when a new version comes out, but most of the time you end up loosing money and its a pain in the ass.
  5. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I agree. Thats why im waiting. Yes theyre cool but in my eyes theyre just a big fast ipod touch
  6. Toilet Duck

Toilet Duck New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    @Jimbeam: The current/new iPad has only just come out. If Apple stick to their yearly release cycle you'll have to wait 10-11 months on the gamble that all this extra stuff you say is missing is included.

Personally I'm not sure whats missing from essentially a tablet form web browser and video viewer, the iPhones GPS and camera would be pointless on a device of this size, so anything missing has to be software based (unless the camera is front facing, then the iPad would become the mother of all skype phones, I'd even conciser buying one then). If the missing stuff is software, then that can be cured with the next update.

So how long should people keep waiting? By your logic this time next year there will be another iPad due out which may or may not have these mystery "Missing" items. Which will then leave us waiting 22-23 months to buy from this current point in time. But if tech history teaches us anything, as soon as we get one piece of functionality or extra hardware, we then all want something else extra included.

@Sunn Aphex: If you feel its what you need to make your life complete then why not, go buy one.
  7. Alpha911

Alpha911 New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I also thought about buying 1 for weeks, but since I got it I'm so in love. Its worth every Cent...and I paid 600 € for the 16GB WiFi.
  8. ((( Sunn Aphex )))

((( Sunn Aphex ))) New Member

Device:
    iPad
  9. Torin_93

Torin_93 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Then by that time the 1st gen ipad will be cheap! That is if the 2nd gen doesnt have what he wants and he can stick with the 1st
  10. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Front facing camera is worth the wait alone.
    More ports. SD slot, USB port should have been built it and I'm sure they will eventually. Plenty of room in it.
    More storage and/or price cuts.

Like 3G and GPS missing from the first iPhone and introduced with the 3G, along with a price cut. Things that should have been included in the first one and added to the phones usefulness. Front facing camera is one of those things. Having ports built in would also change the way its used. A decent camera w/flash on the back could also add to it's usefulness. Imagine the types of augmented reality apps we could have on a screen that big.

Apple knows the usefulness of these features and is going to trickle them out the same way they did with the iphone. But, if your happy with it now go for it, I'll wait until the second or 3rd version when I'll get more bang for my bucks, like the iphone.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Exactly. I'll be able to pick one up in the referb section or ebay on the cheap. Even if the next version doesn't bring anything new it will at least bring a price cut, if not you'll be able to pick up a used or refurbished for cheap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.