Make iTunes Search for music again??

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by MikeBoi, Apr 26, 2009.

1. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all, I recently had all my music albums all over the show, like the odd album on my desktop, one in documents. In different folders, and i had just Went File>add new folder and found it,

But i decided i needed to sort all my folders out, so now i have them all in the folder "music". but iTunes now cannot find those files, and they have been moved. So i thought, ok i'll Un-install itunes, then Re-install it. So it would scan for music again. So i did that, and it didn't scan for them all, They just appeared, so i tried playing one, and it said "this file cannot be found"

So i tried this about 3 times. But i cannot get it to scan for music again. So now like all my music was in different places, now its all in one, it cannot find them. But they are appearing in my Libary.

So is there anyway i make it re-scan for all my music, Do i have to delete the libary file or something?
  2. dnmicci

dnmicci New Member

I need help with this too.

If you figure this one out, please let me know!
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    well if all files are in one folder (with subfolders) then open up itunes:
    use CTRL+A to mark all songs, delete them using DEL key.
    in the next step open the folder where your music is located in - mark all files + folders using CTRL + A and drag'n'Drop them into the (now empty) itunes window
    wait until itunes added all songs and now add optional things like covers etc.
  4. Ryuzaki

Ryuzaki Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Delete everything.
    File -> Add Folder To Library -> Wherever you stashed everything
    If you have more than one folder in the stash folder don't worry about it.
    iTunes should add all that.
  5. Quadrant

Quadrant New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    In the future, when you want to compile all your music scattered all over your computer into one iTunes music folder, simply click File > Library > Consolidate Library.