Make folders without Categories app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Xandal, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Xandal

Xandal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iDevice: iPod Touch 32gb 3rd Gen
    Firmware: 3.1.2
    Jailbreak tool if used: Blackra1n
    Unlock tool if used: lolwut?
    What your problem is:

Okay, so here's the deal. I absolutely despise Categories how it is. I'm an absolute freak about organization and I can't figure out how to organize the applications within the folders (I haven't tried it with SSH yet, but I'm not sure if that would even work). Not only that, but it makes the application icons smaller and for some applications it changes the name and it really bugs me. I like the idea of categories, but is there another way to do it? The best thing I can think of doing is just filling Page 0 with Jump springs and making icons called games, social, etc. and just organizing stuff on the page... But I know I'll run out of space on a single page or two within a week so it's not that great of an idea :/ I wanna know if there is a way to organize/rename stuff within Categories or if there is a better way to make organized folders.

Thanks in advance~
  2. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Nope sorry man. Why do u hate categories?? With CategoriesSB it doesnt make the icons smaller.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

4. Xandal

Xandal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I don't like Categories because it changes the names of some apps, it re-sizes icons, some icons look ugly, and most of all I can't organize the damn things. Also, what exactly is Stacks? I'd rather not mess with it because it's still in Alpha, but is it going to do what I want? Also, when I first used Categories I messed up big time and erased a bunch of crap on accident (not at all why I dislike it BTW).
  5. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Go to the first link I posted, there is a video demonstration. I've been using Stacks for months, never had a problem.
  6. Xandal

Xandal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Didn't notice the video, sorry. And that is not at all what I was asking about or looking for. Thanks for the attempt though.
  7. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Sorry, guess I was mislead by the title "Make folders without Categories app", Stacks are basically folders, in my opinion

Please Register or Log in to view images

And is better than Categories, again, in my opinion. But yea, to rename apps, I'm not sure if it effects the icons in Categories though, you can use an app named Rename in Cydia.
  8. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    another method is "springjumps"

you make different springboard pages the "category" folder and on the 1st page make a springjump to the page you store the icons on

springjumps are free and instant unlike Categories
  9. Xandal

Xandal New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Did you even read my post? I said what you said but called them spring jumps on accident. And to ChrisL I can't find a renaming program, specifically the one you mentioned in Cydia.
  10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member