Make custom firmware, could help Jailbreak 1.1.3!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Jan 17, 2008.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    alright, well its late here and im going to bed. but i did figure out something today. if you open the 1.1.3 firmware with winrar, then copy the restore.plist to your desktop you can then edit it and put it back in the 1.1.3 firmware and upgrade you ipod with it. now heres the thing, the modified firmware has to be the EXACT same size as the original, i mean down to the byte. So using this you might be able to customize your firmware to have the installer.app on it for the ssh.app but it will be really hard since you have to have it accurate to the byte. good luck

I uploaded a custom firmware successfully on my ipod, the only change i amde was changed a couple of integers, but that proves that its possible to make custom firmwares for the ipod. sorry if you already knew this, I didnt and im sure some of you dont too.
  2. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

3. x6blues

x6blues New Member

well at least this is a step, this stuff goes over my head, but hopefully some programmer reading this suddenly had an innovative idea, who knows. know this is off topic, but quick suggestion for ur great vids, can the file paths be posted in the description under the download link, so for the sendfile /Applications/SendFile.app that would really help, but anyway this, in my opinion is a great idea and may be able to allow 1.1.3 to be hacked!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice find iPodTouchMaster.
  5. Bitter

Bitter New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this isn't looking good so far. 1.1.1 with the TIFF exploit makes us seem grateful for it being as easy as an automatic jailbreak stable release after a short time....now with 1.1.3 there hasn't been much luck, and if it comes down to having to create custom firmware, jailbreaking is going to be a lot more difficult, it seems. But whatever works, is fine with me for now. Keep researching ipodtouchmaster, eventually some sort of loophole will be found. If nothing works....we better hope to god that the damn SDK brings about a bright future for iPod touch users. =/

Bitter.
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

This is a good find, however approximating the file size down to the nearest byte will be hard. If it means installer on a touch 1.1.3 however, this is really something to look into.
  7. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    where is the tiif file that makes the exploit? maybe we could make a symlink that could find it and delete it so we have the unpatched one. Then maybe jailbreakme.com for 1.1.3, just a though. If you want me to try, pm me wut to do w/ my ipod and i will.