Make Apps on Windows

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by benny679, Aug 9, 2010.

1. benny679

benny679 Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    This is probably in the wrong section, feel free to move it.

I feel that a lot more people have PC's than Macs. Macs are expensive. Sure, you could make a hackintosh, but with hackintosh via virtual machine, its slow even on my 4.2ghz laptop with 4gb or ram. Dual booting is also extremely annoying, especially if you don;t have a partition'd drive. If you get dual booting to work, how would you get PC drivers on mac? Emulators?

Are there any programs out there that can make ipa's on windows? I've heard of dragonfiresdk, but I don't like paying money for stuff. What if it turned out to be junk of a scam?

Any solutions?
  2. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have been looking too and can't find anything
  3. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    DragonFireSDK isn't a scam, I've personally used it but it completely sucks in comparison to the real SDK. There is also AirplaySDK for game creation which is very good. Overall, if you want to make an app, you will NEED a MAC. Sell your current windows machine and buy one and just dual boot windows on the Mac. It annoys the hell out of me when people say that they want to develop iPhone apps in windows. It's like saying that I want to paint a picture with a pencil. You can get a somewhat similar result but it will never be the same. For example, you don't have leak debugging, interface builder, XCode, or any of the fantastic resources. You just have a sub-par 3rd party sdk.