Make any tethered iPod touch 2g untethered

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 123doyle123, Apr 26, 2009.

1. 123doyle123

123doyle123 New Member

Hello people i have managed to make my tethered ipod touch 2g untethered by copying just one file to the current IPSW file that i am using. How i did it was by doing the following:

1. Connect you iPod to your PC. Put iPod touch into DFU mode by holding down the home and off/on button for 10 seconds and then let go of the off/on button and continue holding the home button for 8 seconds or until the computer picks it up.

2. download the following file http://www.filefactory.com/file/agd66f2/n/LLB_n72ap_RELEASE_rar and extract it

3. Find your current firmware that is installed on your iPod touch and right click on it and open it with WinRar or any other achieve program

4. navigate to \Firmware\all_flash\all_flash.n72ap.production

5. Delete the LLB.n72ap.RELEASE.img3 file

6. drag and drop the file downloaded earlier to the same directory

7. Download the following file http://www.filefactory.com/file/agd67ba/n/Unofficialsn0w_zip and extract it

8. Navigate to \Unofficialsn0w\unofficialsn0w and run the 'RUNME.exe

9. when the file has finished loading and your iPod just has a plain white screen the open iTunes and hold Shift + click Restore and navigate to the location of your recently modified IPSW file and wait for itunes to restore your iPod.

10. There you go you have turned your tethered 2g iPod touch into an untethered one.

If you have any questions please ask them here. If you would like a copy of a file that i have used and tested then please email me on a_r_doyle@hotmail.com and ill send you back a link to it, in the subject put '2g ipod touch jailbreak'.
  2. cjschriver3

cjschriver3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or you could just run the redsn0w like everyone else
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

We didn't know this. The whole forum didn't know this, in fact. There aren't countless tutorials on it already. You were the first to post this. Congratz.
  4. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Yay!! Information everyone already knows.

Or you can use redsn0w........Like most people.
  5. justan

justan New Member

Hmm...almost an hour on this or 5 minutes on redsn0w....what to do what to do...
  6. muffinza192

muffinza192 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    yea lets think long and hard about this... i could use redsn0w and keep my songs and everything OR lose everything and spend and hour longer...
    this was good for 2 months ago