Make And Receive Calls For Free Even While You Listen To Your Ipod Music

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by iFortner, Apr 2, 2008.

1. iFortner

iFortner New Member

YOUR FEED BACK ON MY TUTORIAL IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL OF THESE ITEMS LISTED BELOW TO ENSURE A PERFECT EXPERIENCE.

1) Jailbroken iPod touch
    2) touchmods added as a source here is their source code: touchmods.net/rep.xml
    3) Install the SIP-VoIP application
    4) One microphone from touchmods.net which you can purchase from them at this link. http://home.swipnet.se/ridax/touchmic.htm

5) A computer to download the VOIP Provider's Soft Phone Application "Required to Register with most VOIP Providers"
    6) Most importantly you need to be connect to WIFI

PROVIDED YOU HAVE ALREADY JAILBROKEN YOUR IPOD TOUCH AND YOU HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED THE SIP-VOIP APPLICATION FROM THE INSTALLER. IF NOT THEN GO AHEAD AND JAILBREAK YOUR IPOD TOUCH AND INSTALL THE SIP-VOIP APPLICATION FIRST BEFORE CONTINUING WITH THE STEPS BELOW.

Please Register or Log in to view images

1) Sign-up and register for any VoIP provider like www.voipbuster.com or www.voipcheap.com.

2) Download their free Softphone application and create a username and password.

3) Next open up SIP-VoIP Application on your iPod touch and tap on settings tab and it
    should pull up a screen that looks like this below.

4) a) Username: Enter the username you created for the SIP VoIP Provider
    b) Password: Enter the password you created for the SIP-VoIP Provider
    c) SIP-Server: For Voipbuster type sip.voipbuster.com and for Voipcheap type
    sip.voipcheap.com.
    d) Reg. Timeout: This box should be left blank.
    e) Enable Nat?: This should be on NO
    f) STUN Domain: This box should be left blank too.
    g) STUN Server: This box should also be left blank.
    h) Now tap the SAVE tab and go back to the dialer.

5) Now since we made changes to the settings, it is always a good idea to restart your iPod touch to ensure the settings are saved properly.

6) Once your iPod touch starts back up, open the SIP-VoIP application and tap the Connect to sip server tab. It may take a minute, but you should see the tab say connecting then the tab will say connected and a green call button will appear. At this point let's put the iPod touch down for a minute while we get us a free incoming number.

7) To get a free incoming number you need to go to www.ipkall.com and sign-up for a free incoming phone number. These phone numbers are Washington State numbers however, people should be able to call you long distance for free if they use their cellphones or have free long distance on their landline phones.

8) After pulling up www.ipkall.com on your browser, tap the sign-up tab and it should pull up a screen like the one below.

Choose your account type: SIP IAX
    Choose Area Code for your IPKall Number: 206 253 360 425
    SIP Phone number:
    SIP Proxy: (ex. fwd.pulver.com)
    Email Address:
    Password:
    # of Seconds to ring before hanging up:

9) a) Choose your account type: It should always be on SIP
    b) Choose Area Code for your IPKall Number: Just choose one of area codes
    available. They're all Washington State area codes I believe.
    c) SIP Phone number: SIP Phone number will be your username that you created
    for your SIP-VoIP Provider in (step 2) above.
    d) SIP Proxy: Just type over (ex. fwd.pulver.com) and the SIP Proxy will be
    either sip.voipbuster.com for Voipbuster provider or sip.voipcheap.com
    for Voipcheap provider.
    e) Email Address: This should be the same email address you used to sign-up
    for your SIP-VoIP provider "www.voipbuster.com
    or www.voipcheap.com" Must be a
    valid email address.
    f) Password: This should be the same password you created for your SIP VoIP
    provider like above in (step 2).
    g) # of Seconds to ring before hanging up: It should be at least 60 seconds at
    least or more.
    h) Now click on the SAVE tab.

10) Now you should be receiving an email from www.ipkall.com to the email address you provided.

11) Check your inbox or even in the spam folder of your email for an email from
    www.ipkall.com. The email should provide you with your new free incoming phone number to recieve inbound calls.

12) Now pick up your iPod touch and make sure you are still connected. If you're not connected then go ahead and connect now. Once you're connected, tap the home button so that you can see the word ON on the the SIP-VoIP application letting you know that the SIP-VoIP application is still running.

13)So now, go ahead and put on your ear buds "headphones" or connect your iPod touch to an external speaker.

14) Now for the test, call your new number with a landline or mobile phone. Make sure you dial 1 and then your number since it will be long distance.

15) If you did everything right, your iPod touch should ring and you should be able to hear the ringtone and the SIP-VoIP application icon on the Springboard should say CALL instead of ON when you hear your ringtone.

16) At this point, tap on the SIP-VoIP application icon. You should see a box that tells you the number that is calling you with an Answer tab and an Ignore tab. Hit the answer tab. Now your call is connected.

17) When your call is done go ahead and tap on the red Hang up tab to hang up.

18) Now go ahead and make a call by dialing any number and tap on the green Call tab. Now your call is connected.

Great News People! I have just completed my full detailed video tutorial on this, however forgive me for my video camera is not the greatest. However, It's about the content, right? Here is the link to watch the video.

MY FULL DETAILED TWO PART VIDEO TUTORIAL

GUESS WHAT? NOW YOU HAVE A FULLY FUNCTIONAL PHONE ON THE IPOD TOUCH!

PS: YOU CAN EVEN LISTEN TO YOUR MUSIC AND WHEN SOMEONE CALLS YOU, THE RINGTONE WILL PLAY LETTING YOU KNOW SOMEONE IS CALLING YOU. AT THAT POINT JUST TAP THE SIP-VoIP APPLICATION AND ANSWER YOUR CALL.

FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME IF YOU NEED HELP OR VISIT ME AT http://ifortner2008.googlepages.com

Here is my repo for the Installer:

http://ifortner2008.googlepages/repo.xml

I hope this was helpful to you guys,
    Steven Fortner
    iFortner Inc.
    ifortner2008@gmail.com

"The Home of the World's Very First Fully Fuctional iPod touch VoIP Phone With It's Own Phone Number"
    1 person likes this.
  2. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  3. iFortner

iFortner New Member

I'm really glad you have brought this to my attention. If you notice something about the link to the thread you provided, you will notice that that thread is mine as well. Actually, that thread is the one I intended to post. I didn't realize I have posted that thread twice until after I did it. Anyhow, I hope the content in this or that thread was useful to you. If someone wants to share with me on how to delete a thread then I would really appreciate it. The link provided is the only one I wanted post initially. Can anyone tell me how to delete this thread.

Thanks,
    Steven Fortner
    iFortner Inc.
    ifortner2008@gmail.com
    "The Home of the World's Very First Fully Fuctional iPod touch VoIP Phone With It's Own Phone Number"

http://www.ifans.com/forums/...ad.php?t=54101
  4. irish93

irish93 Banned

whenever i call, i get through, and i hear my ipod ring, but than once i answer, i can hear whoevers talking on the other end? whats worng?
  5. iFortner

iFortner New Member

Hello all,

When using the SIP-VoIP Application, There are just certain ear buds that won't let you hear anything if you don't have the microphone plugged in. I know from experience with the original white apple ear buds that came with my iPod touch. When I called my friend I couldn't hear him and obviously he couldn't hear me because didn't have my microphone plugged in. You can buy a microphone from touchmods.net. They cost about $50.00 and they are very good quality. When I plugged my microphone in, I still couldn't hear anything. It is always best to restart your iPod touch right after you plug in your microphone. Then open up the SIP-VoIP application and connect to your SIP Server by hitting the tab. If you ever experience that it is taking too long to connect to your SIP Server then go ahead and restart your iPod touch and try to connect again, you'll notice it will connect much faster. There may be some headphones or speakers out there that might let you hear something without the microphone, but I seriously doubt it. It has something to do with the SIP-VoIP application I would imagine.

Also, there are certain VOIP Providers that just won't have good sound quality, sometimes even choppy sound or even no sound. I like voipbuster.com or cheapvoip.com because there sound quality is great as far as I have experienced.

This should solve your problem. Just get a microphone.

Best regards,
    Steven Fortner
    iFortner Inc.
    ifortner2008@gmail.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  6. arsman

arsman New Member

Can you give me a link to a place that I can download the SIP-VOIP. I didn't find it in the installer. It would helpful to give me the direct location.

Thank you!
  7. iFortner

iFortner New Member

I have provided the source code. You go into installer app. Then instead of tapping install, you will tap on sources. Top right corner tap edit tab then immediately after on the top left corner tap add tab. Then a box will appear. The box will already have:

http://

You will add after that this source code.

touchmods.net/rep.xml

Once you have typed that in, you will tap ok. It will refresh sources. Next, tap the install tab. In the Catagories screen, you will scroll down until you see:

Touchmods

Tap Touchmods and add the SIP-VoIP application. After you install the application, restart your iPod touch. There you go, I hope this helps.
  8. anthonyalvernaz

anthonyalvernaz New Member

Sound issues...

Unfortunately, I have been having some problems
    in regards to sound. I know that the call quality isnt that great, but
    i have been, so far, okay with it. The issue i am having is the with
    the ringtone and button tones. I am currently unable to hear the
    ringtone, and any button tones when i push numbers to dial. I
    understand that the sound only comes out of the left earbud. but no
    mater what i cannont hear the ringtone. The button tones dont matter
    much to me, but the ringtone is a big deal since most of the time im
    listening to music and i cant see when is says call on the