Make an equalizer for iPoT?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Lvx, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Lvx

Lvx New Member

There's been chatter about it in other posts, but not a direct thread about it.

Would it be possible to have an actual Equalizer app on the iPoT so we don't have to use those default ones?

I mean, the touch is kind of designed so that an EQ would be easy as hell to use, but is it possible to actually take those settings and have them affect the sound output itself?
  2. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Instead of album art there should be visulisations :]
    sorry off topic...
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

well in settings there is an "EQ" setting with preset equalizers. (is that how you spell it? I already forgot)
  4. Nick

Nick New Member

they mean the visual equilizer, as in the moving shapes that correspond w. the sound.
  5. MiG™

MiG™ New Member

But they are bollox and chucking +12db of software Bass Boost from a crappy amp in the iPod blows everything up..

I've been hunting for some sort of files for the EQ but they're probably embedded in code and extremely hard to change.

I really want a custom EQ mind.
  6. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

i would pay 30 bucks to for a custom eq. it is the only thing i miss after owning a creative zen vision m
  7. Delta420

Delta420 New Member

Just a standard 8 band graphic equalizer. how did they not include that~~~!!!
  8. Snowspot

Snowspot New Member

I was thinking about this too. The ipod definetly needs visualizers.. sure, they will drain battery but who cares? Also, there really needs to be a good equalizer. I don't know why apple doesn't do this.

I don't understand why people aren't doing this faster. Don't they realize how famous they could become? The community is still small and if your app is decent, it will likely be downloaded by thousands of people.
  9. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

I've been waiting for a custom EQ since the freakin' 4G iPod. It annoys me no end that even with their latest and greatest they still haven't figured out that presets suck nine kinds of hynie. This one's got good bass but the treble is muddy. That one's got great highs but the bass is a little light. That one has good bass and treble but the midrange is chewing its own feet. Jebus, half an hour of code, another of graphic design and you've got yourself a 5 -- or 8, or 10, or freakin' 20 -- band EQ.

Excuse the rant. Pet peeve that's been a nagging thorn in my side. I am convinced however that the EQ bands are accessible. After all, the presets are selected in the settings app and read in by the music app, therefore A) They are stored externally, B) They can be read (and therefore can be written to) by individual apps, and C) Any changes made by an external app (assumng one can find where they're stored) will stick until you change them either in that app or the settings, because presumably, the only apps that touch the EQ (or possibly within a broader settings) file would be the settings app and the music app, and possibly the video app.

I can do without visualizations -- that's a bit unrealistic anyway as that is something integral to the music app's code -- but I'd kill for a custom EQ. Graphic, paragraphic, parametric, I don't care, just let me set it my way!
  10. slyn4ice

slyn4ice New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, I'd have to say iPot audio quality is total crap (not even with the new 1.1.2 firmware) and i am frankly surprised they could make money out of DAPs when their sound quality was as good as a pile of unicorn sh*t. I mean seriously??? wtf ... If this is how music sounds like on all their other iPods I would be concerned about the sanity of all the people who bought those units for actual audio playback. Are we all that gullible and go "oh, looksie, pink and purty, I wanna buy it even though it sounds like something inside is dying"???
    Currently I get distortions on any EQ setting, apart from the, ironically enough, Flat and Small Speakers settings. God forbid i try the bass booster which sounds so horrible i want to bite my arm off and use the bone to spear my shrivelling body right before I club myself to death with it.
    And now i am convinced that that is how an iPod is supposed to sound ... flat and "small speaker"-y ... Shame on you Jobzie.

Oh, and yes - it sounds the above mentioned way on any speaker/headphones i have ever tried. I love my iAudio X5 even more now ... a balsamic honey for my ears ... aaaaahhhh ... *melts away in oblivion with his iAudio headphones plugged right in*