major redsn0w issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by jontag59, Apr 17, 2009.

1. jontag59

jontag59 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    after i jailbroke with redsn0w my ipod started freezing (which i was trying to avoid after re-jailbreaking). but this is how it started, i re-jailbroke, turned off my ipod then turned bak on and then i saw that 100 MB was added to "Other" in capacity so i SSH and saw that a bunch of folders in stash were doubled, so i deleted the copies (which had the same files too). then i resprung my ipod and then it froze. so after awhile i finally get it to turn off, when i turn it bak on it stays stuck on the boot logo. i turn it off and try again but still stuck on boot logo. so i try to go in dfu mode but my ipod keeps restarting so cant go in dfu mode. i want to do a full restore either back to 2.2.1 normal or jailbroken. please help!

edit: i had to let go of power just before my ipod restarted and keep holding home...now im doing a full restore
  2. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well once you get it restored, if you want to jailbreak, just use QuickPwn.
    It was made by the same person who found the exploit, so it works pretty damn good.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    ^Hahah i think thats what he was talking about bud
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, he said something about rejailbreaking and that's what might have messed him up.
    I wouldn't rejailbreak, unless you restore to the normal 2.2.1 first.