Major readjustment is recommended!

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by Chris Hansen, Dec 19, 2008.

1. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

iPod touch Fans's frontpage is just way to cramped. The titles and such need to stand out more. It is very difficult to read the posts and the Apple looking design doesn't help at all. Now, I don't know if your still editing everything but if the site is going to stay how it is for the next couple months, there's going to major difficulties for the members to read what they used to have no trouble reading. I am happy with the efforts Bgizzle but the design just needs to be majorly adjusted.

I have put together a list of things that in my opinion need to be looked at.

1. The navigation background doesn't fit with the actual forum design implemented right now.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. The footer links lack a readable color of font.

3. The site background has a nasty looking line that have something to do with the actual image placed in the background, but does need to be looked at.

4. The site is sometimes misaligned.

5. I also think that Bgizzle should enable the birthday feature to show who's birthday it is on each day.
    6. I think the red title text is ugly and would look fantastic as a simple black.
    7. I think the reputation feature should be implemented again but with an rules system attached to it. For example, asking for rep in a post or signature will result in a 1 point infraction.
    8. I think the iPod touch Fans App Store Bot should not be in the New Posts section. It takes up almost the whole page, and it's majorly annoying.

Thanks for reading.

2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I agree, we need something to make them more separated.
  3. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Design looks fine.
  4. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

I disagree. If you know the basics of web design, you would know that titles need to stand out more than the actual body. iPTFS frontpage is lacking that.
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

I do know basics of webpages, thank you much. How hard is it to miss a large red title?

Oh well, that's your opinion, this is mine.
  6. Germany

Germany Banned

I agree with Chris. I had a group/petition set up to change the site back but bgizzle didn't want to hear our opinions so he shut it down. All we can do is hope for another major revision to the site.
  7. Chris Hansen

Chris Hansen Banned

I added a list of things that should be done with the site. Again, those are my opinions, and everyone is entitled to theirs.

@TouchPwn, I agree, the design looked better minus the apple look. I visit this site and it reminds me of that one piracy site for iPod touch stuff(Not giving the name).
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Does anyone agree with any of this? or am I just blowing smoke out of my ass.