Major Problem!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iJo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Please help!! Whenever i get into my settings app. on my ipod, it freezes and i have to restart my ipod. I downloaded the preference apps and placed it in /private/var/root/root/Applications. Im not sure if that right but it only has like the mail, stock, weather app. The permission is set to 0755. So yea..im not sure if its in the right folder. Please help and reply.
  2. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Well, have you done the app space limit fix? Are there other apps in /private/var/root/Applications? And I noticed that in your path that there are two folders named "root", but im assuming that thats just a typo.

Edit, just reread your post. Click the .. at the top of the folder list til its all the way at the top and put it in /Applications and set the permissions.
  3. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    app space limit fix? yes there is the mail, weather, maps, stocks, installer and ssh apps. Umm...i downloaded and updated the extended preferences from installer and that was what deleted it. The root wasnt a typo. And im sorry i didnt get the click at the top of the folder list...
  4. Paintball

Paintball New Member

How are you connecting to your ipod?
  5. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Im using winscp and i guess its wireless. Um..for some reason my computer cant recognize the usb port so i cant charge it or connect it to itunes.
  6. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Hmmmm, the usb port thing is wierd. oh well. different problem, different thread. Above the names of the folders on the right, there will be what looks like a folder named ".." (without qoutes). click that until the path above that says "/". Then go into /Applications and put it in there. set the permissions too.
  7. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    oooo ok thank you!!
  8. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Did that work?
  9. iJo

iJo New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    well..for my friend who had the same problem did but for some reason out of nowhere my ipod stopped being connected to the internet and i cant connect back cause i cant go into my settings.
  10. Paintball

Paintball New Member

I guess you can go into like net services or something and make sure your wifi is on, but you won't be able to tell it to connect to a network. hmmm. Thats not good. try restarting your ipod.