Major Problem.. HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by xibalba, Jun 3, 2009.

1. xibalba

xibalba New Member

Before anyone recommends me using the "search" feature due to my new memberness, I'd like to point out that I've spend 7 hours over the last 2 days trying to fix this damned ipod, and have gotten nowhere. I've tried to detail the problem as well as I can.

I have a Jailbroken iPod Touch 2G running 2.2.1 Custom Firmware from QuickFreedom.. Never dropped, never gotten wet, the most harmful place its ever seen was my pocket. My technical ability with it is moderate, I know enough to keep it from having major problems usually. It was running very stable overall with apps and addons. Jamming out to DeadMau5 a couple nights ago, and suddenly it resets and gets caught into a reset loop. Got it into recovery mode (usb cable & itunes), and I can get it into DFU mode as well.

Here's my problem. I had itunes 8.1, and tried to do a restore. Error code 1611. Every time (10+ times). Tried downloading FW from Apple to restore, same problem. Tried upgrading itunes to 8.2, same problem. Tried re-making custom FW with QF again, start pre-jailbreak, all goes well.. once in itunes, its error 1611.

Completely un-install itunes, revert back to itunes 7.5, won't let me download from Apple. So I used both the custom FW and the Apple FW, both had error 5 (the first few tries) or error 1611.

Tried itunes 8.1 and 8.2 on desktop PC (fresh itunes install), and again try both FW versions. Error 1611.

Go back to itunes 8.1, error 1611. I then proceed to FORMAT MY PC!! And still getting error 1611 with either FW.

Somewhere in there I ended up with error 1603. The ipod itself is randomly restarting while plugged in, alerting itunes of an ipod in recovery mode. Sometimes in DFU mode the pc recognizes it, sometimes it doesn't. I have tried all available USB ports on both machines (11 total), multiple restarts, and multiple re-installs.

I'm about at wit's end here. I know it's damn near impossible to brick an itouch, but I'm beginning to think its a hardware issue and I've ended up with an expensive paperweight. Taking it to the Apple store is out of the question, due to the bright red PWNED! logo that pops up on restart..

Help!! Anyone?
  2. jstod66

jstod66 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    sorry to say this but i think you have bricked the unbrickable.
    I can't think of anything you could possibly do that you haven't done already, but good luck anyway.
  3. ~raF

~raF Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How 'bout redsnow?
    That should work once ur in DFU, i think
  4. R&S

R&S Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Try to apply the Redsn0w patch ( the one there make the ipods screen white) and then restore to original FW with itunes 8.1
  5. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try the link in my signature.
  6. xibalba

xibalba New Member

Have also tried that, stated that in original post. Pre-jailbreak with QF applies redsn0w patch, and it still gives me the 1611 error.

Been working on that actually, saw your post last night right after I posted this. It's the only alternative method that I haven't seen yet. After the PC format, I can't seem to get it into DFU now

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'll try it on other PC after work tonight, I'm also going to try to restore it on Windows 2000 and on a Mac.
  7. .PhP-Alex

.PhP-Alex New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    my friend had the same problem send it to apple they wont know its jailbroken and will send you a new one if your still in warrenty
  8. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

Try to install libusb on your computer.
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Have you tried downloading the firmware from a different source? Also, iTunes 7.5 does not work with the 2G
  10. xibalba

xibalba New Member

Except they will know, because the last line of my original post says that I can't take it to the Apple store because of the giant red PWNED! bootscreen that pops up on startup.

I have it on my pc. The ipod APPEARS to be in dfu mode, but neither itunes nor QuickFreedom recognize it as being there. Still working on that, I'm headed to work in a little bit here so I won't be able to mess with it till later tonight.

No I haven't tried that, I'll do that as well. Didn't know 7.5 was incompatible. Reverting back to itunes 7x was kind of a frustrated shot in the dark to be honest.

When going through the "preparing to restore" process, the screen goes back and forth from the custom pwned! logo, to the regular apple bootscreen, then to the connect to itunes recovery image, then flashes white and restarts the process a couple times until error 1611 comes up.