major pod frustration

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by junior421, Oct 19, 2007.

1. junior421

junior421 New Member

I am having trouble dragging songs onto my pod. I received this as a gift a week ago and have had a lot of problems that resulted in hours on the phone with support and a frustrating visit to an Apple store today. In the end, we got the pod working without replacing it, but I cannot drag anythign on to it. I synced web addresses and a few pictures and that worked fine, but when I drag a song on to the pod logo it either says that it cannot sync or that device is not plugged in...any ideas? I do not want to sync my library to the pod. I want to tell it which songs to add hence the needing to drag songs on.
  2. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

use you the selection that says (snyc checked songs) or somethin like that, check the little box by the songs you want synced. That way you do not have to snyc your whole library.

or

make a new playlist, drag songs to that playlist, sync ipod and choose to only sync that playlist
  3. junior421

junior421 New Member

I was thinking that and while it should work, I should be able to to drag songs in right? I mean, something is messed up there...
  4. mjankor

mjankor New Member

If it's set up to sync music then you can't drag and drop songs to it. To drag and drop turn off music syncing.

Seems a strange error message though if this is the problem.