major malfunction

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Jomann, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Jomann

Jomann New Member

Ok so I followed many many tutorials to get to where I am now, before I start I would like to say that I have not ever successfully jailbroken my ipod touch 2g, and this thread is not a thread to help me jailbreak it.

Right now my ipod has the "connect to itunes" logo with the usb cord pointing at an itunes icon.

First of all I used THIS tutorial for my jailbreak. I successfully got to all the steps but the final one (actually running jailbroken firmware) so I was disappointed, however I could still use unjailbroken firmware.

Then next day I found another really great tutorial HERE Aparently the easiest jailbreak ever. So i watched the video and followed the steps, but yet again no luck. after I had failed this time I just gave up ever jailbreaking.

Here is where the problem lies. after this final attempt I of course wanted to have my normal firmware and be able to use my ipod the way apple intended. well it seems I cant do that now.
    I first put my ipod in dfu mode then ran the commands to turn it white then did the other commands then opened itunes and rigth clicked restore, then chose the original 221 firmware.

Itunes starts to restore my ipod but about just over halfway through it QUITS and puts my in the connect to itunes screen.

This is what im guessing the video author warned about looping and restoring and such

Now I'm stuck here and ive tried lots of different methods but none work so I'm begging you please help me fix this ipod. I WILL PAY YOU EVEN
  2. timmel26

timmel26 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  3. GanawaJ

GanawaJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    dfu mode
  4. Jomann

Jomann New Member

5. AmazingNachos

AmazingNachos Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    reinstall itunes?
  6. Jomann

Jomann New Member

Just tried it, unfortunately It did not work.

the problem is I have a "Looping error" everytime I restore it tells me to restore again. I need to know how to exit this loop, Im told there are patches that fix these things but I really don't know
  7. ZunePod

ZunePod Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Exit the loop, and use a GUI
  8. Jomann

Jomann New Member

exactly how do I exit the loop man? also I have yet to find a gui that works correctly.
    by work correctly I mean, works with 64 bit windows vista home edition.

more info: I can still put my ipod into dfu and do a few things but restoring in anyway == loop
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bumping epic bread
  9. timmel26

timmel26 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wtf i thought that it would work on 64bit - STRANGE because a friend of mine did that with 64bit vista
  10. Jomann

Jomann New Member

I have tried to install it and jailbreak on xp but its not working, is my ip2g completely screwed guys?