Major issues concerning Sleep/ Volume buttons

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by I-Shot-Jr, Mar 27, 2009.

1. I-Shot-Jr

I-Shot-Jr New Member

Hey Guys
    Last weekend I ordered my brand new 2g 8gig iPod touch, it seemed to work fine up until about wednsday when the Sleep button and the volume buttons started to malfunction. Basically whenever I press the sleep button the volume rises and occasionally puts the ipod to sleep.
    Whenever I try to raise the volume it does by one notch and then proceeds to put the iPod to sleep. Plus whenver I turn it off it is impossible to turn it back on again without plugging it back in to my computer ( even though its fully charged) Can anybody who has had the same problem suggest a solution or even indicate how it has ben caused?

Thanks!

Andrew

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. eric780

eric780 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sounds like a hardware malfunction to me, but try restoring and see if that helps. If it still causes problems, take it back to the apple store.
  3. I-Shot-Jr

I-Shot-Jr New Member

Thanks for your reply! I've tried restoring it a couple of times to no avail, I think you must be right about it being a harware problem. As I bought it directly off apple store online can I still return it?

Thanks!
  4. PredatorTouch

PredatorTouch Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    yep, you can
  5. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you will have to call apple and send the ipod touch to them, they should send you a new one back