Major iPod Touch Problems, Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by obcessivegamer22, May 21, 2009.

1. obcessivegamer22

obcessivegamer22 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 2G, and I have it jailbroken. I downloaded an application from Cydia, and it is called "LogoMe" and it is designed to give you a custom reboot photo, as in the little apple that comes up when you reboot it. It said that I had to have redsn0w as my source for my jailbreak, and I was 99% sure that I did have redsn0w. I downloaded a picture off of google, and the source is http://appleguru.org/pineapple.png. I put the URL into the place where you are supposed to put it on LogoMe. I put it in, and it finally recognized it. I was excited it could convert it after so many failed attempts from trying to convert them from my saved photos. It said "Flash Image," which I assumed meant that it basically copy and pasted the selected image in place of the apple logo. I clicked on it, and a progress bar showed up. It didn't move for about 30 seconds, so I got bored and went to do something else. When I came back, It was, what I assumed, finished, since it did not have a loading bar. I clicked on "Preview" and it came up as a black screen with a flawless pineapple staring me in the face. Success! Or so I thought. I turned off my iPod to see it in action. I then pushed down the sleep/wake button to turn it on. After a few seconds, it didn't come on. I knew something was wrong. I then held down the sleep/wake button AND the home button down for about 15 seconds. Still nothing. I then remembered (with remorse) that my main source in Cydia was yellowsn0w. So, basically, I just f***** up my iPod. So, if any of you people out there know what to do, answer my question (and keep it simple, I'm no genius) or shoot me an e-mail at soulsucker22@yahoo.com. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    Also, when I plug the iPod into my computer, it says that Windows® does not recognize the device, and I tried everything from updating the drivers to rebooting my computer and setting up BIOS. iTunes does not recognize it either. My iPod won't even come on
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    It will be fine!
  3. obcessivegamer22

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    • Flaming and/or trolling

Oh yeah, should have mentioned, NO SARCASTIC OR POINTLESS COMMENTS!!!! My iPod won't even reboot, you imbecile!!! ITUNES WON"T EVEN RECOGNIZE IT!!! So don't tell me it will be fine, because it won't! And yes, I can take jokes, just not jokes from RETARDS!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    easy there big guy...

You didn't use yellowsn0w to jailbreak, so don't worry about that.

To make logome work, you need to use BETA 3 of redsn0w.

To fix your issue, *drumroll please*

Enter DFU mode on your ipod, and restore from itunes.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Come on, that really wasn't helpful.
  5. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Yes, the redsn0w (24kpwn) EXPLOIT was used to jailbreak, but I'm pretty sure you didn't use the program. DFU + Restore will do the trick.

Little suggestion - you don't bite the hand that tries to feed.
  6. breakkdown

breakkdown Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ooooohhhh

That's a good one.
  7. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Restore... link in signature will help.

Just to piss you off... A Piece of Steak, and Mash Potatos walk into a restaurant, and the waitress says... "Sorry, we dont serve dinner."

Since you dont like jokes.
  8. obcessivegamer22

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    easy there big guy...

You didn't use yellowsn0w to jailbreak, so don't worry about that.

To make logome work, you need to use BETA 3 of redsn0w.

To fix your issue, *drumroll please*

Guys, I am sincerely sorry for that.... whats the word, rave, maybe? Well, anyway, I got flagged from iPod Touch Fans Forum, and I know I deserved it. I (and I'm not using this as an excuse, trust me) have ADHD, and you probably know how mad I can get. I was mad because my $227 iPod broke, and I know that most people would get pissed at that. The funny thing is, I got it as a Christmas present, and I had to pay $100 of the full price, beacause we are not the richest family in the world. WOW it really sounds like I'm trying to get pity from everybody... BUT I'm not, I'll be okay, lol.

SO, about my iPod. I had tons of stuff on it, like level 47 in iMafia, chapter 8 mission 4 in Assassin's Creed, and a ton of pictures that are probably irretrievable. I also had Death Race, 5 Family Guy episodes, 118 songs, and about 3 and 1/4 pages of apps, and I REALLY don't want to lose any of that. So, I have a question about restoring it. When I go to do it, does it automatically restore from the last back up? I was told that if I restore it, it would automatically give me a loop reboot. I have a tethered jailbreak, which I got from the beta version of QuickFreedom, on this website. So, can anybody tell me what to do?

And by the way, whoever said "don't bite the hand that trys to feed" that was great.

Okay guys, I tried to put it into DFU mode, and Windows and iTunes both recognized it. BUT, when I tried to restore it, it gave me a message saying "Software for this iPod is currently not available. Make sure you have the latest of iTunes and try again." OMG, WHAT DO I DO????
    Sorry I snapped at you like that...
  9. Wyatt999

Wyatt999 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Here ya go.

Re jailbreak with the official Redsn0w beta 3 jailbreak. If your already jailbroken, run Redsn0w beta 3 and it will only do NOR Flashing. YOU WONT LOSE ANYTHING!!! Then download LogoMe off of Cydia. And it will work!
  10. obcessivegamer22

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    But DUDE!

How can I re jailbreak it if it won't even come on? Anyway, I contacted Apple Support (gay, as usual) and they said they were probably going to send me a brand new iPod. The gay part is that their system is "down" and I should call back on Tuesday or Wednesday. Grr......