Major Ipod Touch Problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nskjunky, Apr 28, 2010.

1. nskjunky

nskjunky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello iPod Touch Fans,

I have a huge problem with my iPod

Yesterday my battery was low. So I thought "oh well, I can still play for a while"

But then the Battery ran comopletely out of power. So I connected it to the Power Socket. But now I only have the CONNECT TO ITUNES pic on it.

So I went to the apple shop in Saturn in Hamburg (which isn't really a shop, but a seller) and I asked what I could do.
    But they just told me that I have to go to a real shop and they might fix it.

Now I have the problem, that I bought some apps in the mean time.

I still have the bills in my mailbox, but can they give me the apps or do I have to pay for them again?

I will try to go to an Apple store tomorrow, but right now, I'm stuck at the logo AND my iTunes on my notebook doesn't recognize it.
    My PC does, but it doesn't have any internet connection, so I can't recover it.

Do you think that apple would give me the apps, since I have paid for them already?

And how can I restore it without any internet connection?

With best regards,

nskjunky
  2. KickinWing

KickinWing New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If your iTunes is up and running fine then you should be alright after you get that bad boy fixed. Just sync it up again and I imagine all will be back to normal.
  3. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Download the firmware from your netbook and put it onto a usb and transfer it over to your PC and restore from there.

Redownloading Apps will be free even if you payed for them.
  4. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Saturn shop is s**t - (German member here^^)
    an usual reseller would offer you the option to take the "Gewährleistung" and to exchange your device.
    but your error is software related - do the proposed thing: download ipod firmware on your notebook, transfer it to your pc and then as itunes recognizes it and wants to restore it SHIFT-hold+click the Restore (Wiederherstellen) button. choose the firmware file from your notebook and click "open". it should restore fine now.

for your apps: "buy" them again - while buying again itunes/app store will say that you already bought them and let you download for free - so don't worry^^
  5. nskjunky

nskjunky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    OK... that sounds good with all the apps

but itunes still won't recognize my ipod.
    so that doesn't change anything at all yet.

EDIT:
    it seems to be that bonjour is not installed on my laptop (i don't know why)
    does it install again if I just update iTunes?

Does the new iTunes version even have an effect on the (hopefully soon) released jealbreak on my ipod?
  6. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    just put your ipod into DFU mode and shift+restore.
    If you do the above thing (copy firmware to pc without inet) you will not achive anything.
  7. nskjunky

nskjunky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    But that still won't change anything if my laptop doesn't recognize my ipod

it always sees it as a new hardware and wants to install it.

You're german, right?
  8. Fieryfear

Fieryfear New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Nope.. i am not (i am from Ukraine)
    Try to put ipod into DFU mode and notebook should recognize it(search youtube if you don't know how to do it).
    And if you computer is trying to recognize it as a new hardware but itunes cannot see it - try to reinstall itunes.
  9. nskjunky

nskjunky Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Ok

Thanks for the help, but i fixed the problem now.
    It was just due to iTunes, that had a problem (still don't know why ^^)
    so i just deleted all files and reinstalled the new version (the guy at apple said that the version that i had had these problems before)

but thanks again!
    Now I am just waiting for a jailbreak. Still I'm happy that my ipod is working now. I just have to see how to get to all the apps I previously had

Please Register or Log in to view images