major ipod problem! 1g ipod touch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mrtntv2, Sep 11, 2010.

1. mrtntv2

mrtntv2 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    okay major problem with my 1g ipod touch. this is whats happneed leading up to this... (jailbroken 1g ipod touch) i was respringing my ipod from the sbsettings. it was about 8 minutes and that round little wheel spinning just kept spinning. i soft restored( held power and home buttonf or 15 seconds... it restarted. allsgoing well then just suddenly the apple just goes blank.(black) then it comes up again and does the same thing over and over again. i connected to itunes and it said "itunes has found a ipod in 'recovery" mode" and asked if i wanted to restore from backup... now itunes just ownt pick it up... whats going on? it just seams dead. but i know its not it was working fine before that... if i restore, what will i lose? will i lose the jailbreak and jb apps? will i have to jb again(i used blackra1n) ? if i jb again will my ipod keep all the jailbroken stuff on it(reload it on) or will i have to do it all again?! i need expert advice here. this is a major problem and i need it solved fast! thanks alot for your time, mr tnt
  2. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    look up dfu mode ipod touch and do that, then restore.
  3. mrtntv2

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    i need more specific help please!!!!!!!!! anyone... will i lose all my jb stuff if i re jailbreak? how do i get itunes to pick up my ipod? it just wont show up....!!!!!!! help!
  4. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have an iPod Touch 1st gen as well and an iTouch 4G my best advice is don't jailbreak it when I did mine back in the days it was running smooth in iOS 2 but when you upgrade to iOS 3 it becomes very bad and so lagy thats unusable i'm running iOS 3 on my old iPod not jailbrocken and it's still very bad and laggy but not as bad my advice is don't jailbreak it.
  5. mrtntv2

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    its jailbrokennn....... im not jailbreaking my ipod touch 4... im talking about my 1g here.... its for my sis and she wants all those free appss....what should i do?