Major error because of Islsk, please help

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by PaulB008, May 15, 2008.

1. PaulB008

PaulB008 New Member

Hey guys, I have been going through a few tutorials here where you put ioreg and that lib file in the folders. Well, I did that and followed the directions EXACTLY. Im not a newbie, so I didnt mess up the system myself by meddling where I shouldnt. All of the commands worked and didnt return errors. I connect my ipod to my PC, and I get this error: "iTunes cannot read the contents of the iPod "Paul's iPod". Go to the Summary tab in iPod preferences and click Restore this ipod to factory settings." Is there anything I can do besides restore? I dont want to lose all my apps..
  2. markdamore

markdamore New Member

quit out of itunes, unplug your ipod, restart itunes, plug your ipod in. Thats what i did.
  3. PaulB008

PaulB008 New Member

Trying now, hopefully it works.. did not work. I deleted all the ioreg and that one lib5 file as well, this still didnt do the trick.
  4. markdamore

markdamore New Member

restart your comp?

i had this problem.. and it went away.. its not a big deal.. keep trying
  5. deltaspecops

deltaspecops New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The tutorial says backup your itunesdb file in /var/mobile(or root)/Media/iTunes-Control/iTunes/ if u followed directions you should be able to re-insert the backup and that worked for me, I had this same problem, restarting and such didn't help at all. Hope that works for you!!!
  6. PaulB008

PaulB008 New Member

Fortunately I did save that DB file, and replaced it. Still didnt work for me however.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. PaulB008

PaulB008 New Member