Main Script Execution Failure ***SOLVED***

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by P0150N0U5 F15)-(, May 26, 2008.

1. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Having problems with 'Main Script Execution' errors? Here is a guide for 'all' fixes!!! It is written in the best order to carry out fixes. None of these have any possibility of breaking your iPod!

The main reason why I made this guide was because I got it so much as a noob...

1. Make sure all your apps are moved to the media directory with BossTool, from the BigBoss source, (Community sources, or sleepers.net/iphonerepo) by opening it, selecting free disk space, then selecting fonts, then ringtones, and then apps.

2. Make sure your installer application has 4777 or 4755 permissions,set either by ssh, or terminal. (To find out how to use terminal, look at the bottom of the post)

Here are the terminal codes for the above fix:

Code:
    chmod 4775 /Applications/Installer.app
    Or:

Code:
    chmod 4777 /Applications/Installer.app
    3. Try entering this in terminal:

Code:
     chmod -R +s /Applications/Installer.app
    chown root:wheel /Applications/Installer.app
    4. Install the SUID Lib fix from the BigBoss repository. (Community sources, or sleepers.net/iphonerepo)

5. Try downloading from a different source.(If this works, email the repository owner for the other package and let them know! There should be a contact button in each packages description, but some may not have this...)

6. Use a different Wi-Fi network, or try Edge/3G(soon), if you have an iPhone.

7. Respring, try again, then reboot, and check again. (To respring easily, get a 'tools' type app. I recommend Utilities, found here [http://www.ifans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=692770&postcount=1])

8. If that doesn't work, and you can't find another source for it, email the repository owner, as it is a problem on their side...

Note: If you keep on getting the error for every package you download, even after all the fixes, clear your queues...

Terminal help:

To login in a Mac:

Go into Finder, then Applications, Utilities, and then Terminal
    When you have opened terminal, type:
    Code:
    ssh root@[your IP]*
    *Your IP can be found in Settings, Wi-Fi, Your network, in the box next to IP Address. You can also find it next to the WiFi Toggle switch in BossPrefs, available in the BigBoss repository(Community Sources or sleepers.net/iphonerepo)

So, if your IP is 192.168.0.8, you would type:

Code:
    ssh root@192.168.0.9
    You should then get a password prompt. Don't worry if it doesn't show the words on the screen, as it is a security feature of terminal.

Your password should be alpine. (Unless you changed it)

For the built in WinSCP terminal:

(WinSPC Download link: http://winscp.net/download/winscp414setup.exe)

Same commands as the Mac version!!!

For puTTy:

(PuTTy download link: http://the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exe)

Same commands as the Mac terminal!!!

If you want to use the iPod application, Term-vt100, get it from the BigBoss repository. (Community sources, or sleepers.net/iphonerepo), then it is slightly different. Here is what you need to do:

When you open it, type:

login, then root, and finally alpine(wont show while you are typing)

After this, you can just enter the terminal codes normally. Note: To use the Mobile terminal, you HAVE to have the SUID Lib fix, from the BigBoss repository. (Community sources, or sleepers.net/iphonerepo)!!!

Please tell people with these errors to come here.

Please post here if I help you!
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Moved to Tech Help and responses deleted. Not sure about a sticky yet.
  3. ricardofelix95

ricardofelix95 Banned

Thanks!
    it worked like a charm!
  4. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Thanks Danls92, you are a legend!!! This is such a commonly posted problem!!!
  5. Nintendo439

Nintendo439 Banned

Dude, ty
  6. x6blues

x6blues New Member

The command to set permissions for Installer to 4755, which are the correct permissions,
    chmod 4775 /Applications/Installer.app
    All these permissions are usually used when installer is crashing rather than the error or when an error appears stating permissions are incorrect.

Guide
    4) SUID LIB Fix?
    Why? For terminal and customize, it apparently helps but what is it's purpose for the error.
    6) Use a different network?
    An internet signal is an internet signal, takes you to the same internet. If the repo is down, as you say, then it won't be necessary until the repo is fixed.
    7) Usually unnecessary considering the app space limit is the most common cause, so how is this going to remedy it?

As for the terminal help, I'd recommend replacing it with this guide here considering the whole point of the thread is the Error rather than commands/SSH

Additions
    There is no mention of clearing the queues which is also a common cause.

If you're getting the error then how will you install BossTool?
    You will need to uninstall apps via Installer or SSH.
    The commands to do this manually is here
  7. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

Additions, you fail:

And no, I didn't just add it in.

Also, why are you being such a idiot about this guide. I made it to help other people. You are just bashing it unnecessarily. I take no credit for ANY of the fixes or whether they work or not. They are just things I have picked up from people saying "I fixed it with this' ect... I am just putting it into an idiot proof guide, for most of the noobs who come here and get that problem.

Note I have near 2000 views, and at least 5-7 people have posted their thanks...

Also, take a look at the PM me if ect ect... bit. If the guide doesn't fix it then i will offer to...

1 more thing, I made the mini terminal guide thing, to be a mini guide. The other thread has far too much detail for what I wanted, which was a simple login. I accept my first unedited post for this was crap, but can you please be a little bit more considerate to the fact that this is a noob guide...
  8. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You've both made your points. There is no need for an argument.
  9. x6blues

x6blues New Member

Can you delete his you fail/I'm an idiot nonsense in the post above yours?

I think I've made my point that he has some distorted logic

Please Register or Log in to view images

Also doesn't that constitute flaming...wow that's crazy
  10. phantomrio

phantomrio New Member

Now it's Ok. Tks.