Main Script Execution Failed - posted a hundred times

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by canadianL00S3R, Apr 14, 2008.

1. canadianL00S3R

canadianL00S3R New Member

So ok, before anyone starts yelling and gets pissed off... I did the following things:

Hey, i did all these steps, and i looked through multiple forums about this problem but still no luck. My installer was working perfectly fine, i installed a couple of applications and all of a sudden it stops working. I tried the

chmod 4755 /Applications/Installer.app/Installer

command but it keeps telling me this

chmod: /Applications/Installer.app/Installer: Operation not permitted

I still get the main script execution error... Anyone can help? I really am tired of restoring and jailbreaking all the time.

P.S. I already move my applications folder (for the space issue) when i first jailbroke the ipod so i dont run out of space.. the installer still worked but like i said after a while it stopped working.. can't install or uninstall anything

I am running jailbroken 1.1.4 - please anyone I'm really tired of the same old =>

Clean your queue and read other posts responses because i did and still nothing
  2. optimo

optimo New Member

power-down and reboot the device
    or
    hard-quit Installer by holding home-key for 7 seconds

then try Installer again

what I want to know is how far you got before this error started appearing. you must have installed a few items before it craps out.
  3. iPod_SAge

iPod_SAge New Member

Try

cd /
    cd Applications/
    chmod +s Installer.app/Installer
    chown -R root:wheel Installer.app

It worked for me.
  4. canadianL00S3R

I tried that already.. but every time I try to use the chmod I get

chmod: /Applications/Installer.app/Installer: Operation not permitted

so I can't even try any of that because it won't let me.

Yea I tried to reboot and hard-quit the installer, but every time the story is the same... everything works fine, I install a few applications (do that whole thing and put the applications on another partition) then install some more applications. After a while it works fine but then it starts giving me Main script execution failed. I tried to uninstall things yesterday and it actually uninstalls programs.. just never installs anything.
  5. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    have you tried going to the uninstall tab in installer, and then scrolling down to installer and hitting "reinstall"?
  6. canadianL00S3R

yea i just did... but the same thing happens as if i try to install things... it gives me Main script execution error. I tried to reinstall BSD subsystem and the installer but same thing. I'm really tired of restoring the ipod .. any other ideas anyone?
  7. canadianL00S3R

I found that for some reason I cannot chmod for other applications or folders. I read an article on the secure level of the kernel for freeBSD and it said if the secure level is set to 1 chmod won't work even when logged in as root. I checked and the level for my iPod is 1, but when I try to change it the same error appears: Operation not permitted... Anyone has any ideas?
  8. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

just wondering, is this happening to everybody or only some people? Because im having the same problem
  9. Loudmouth2332

Loudmouth2332 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it jsut started happening to me after working ok for the first few downloads after a fresh JB
  10. maraca2020

maraca2020 New Member

Sry to sound like a noob but thats in terminal, Right?