Mail?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by Renegade, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok well my Mail is screwed up somehow. The password thing is fine because I'm able to sign onto my mail account and view my e-mails but when I try to send any new message or reply it doesn't send at all. Yes I've looked in other forums, threads, videos, etc. Can't find a thing.

I'm under 1.1.3 Jailbreak please help.
  2. kellygeorge

kellygeorge New Member

let me guess, when you delete a mail, it pops right back up in the inbox and messages will not be marked as read.

i had the same problems. couldnt really find a fix for it, and i tried a lot of different things. i eventually just gave up and downgraded back to 1.1.2.
  3. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's not because you're 1.1.3... i think. You had to use imap as one your mail options instead of gmail, yahoo and hotmail. Go to imap and in gmail they tell you how to configure their settings to make it work on iphone/ipod touch. If you search in the forums there were some topics on this but the search feature is faulty... no offense. No one can find anything they want. I'm not sure about other mail services, but if you have gmail, i can help you. Just go to settings (top right, next to your email address name) and go to forwarding pop/imap then scroll down to the Imap access. Select enable imap access and then click the link below that says "Configure your email client" or you can just visit this link http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&ctx=mail&answer=75726
    Then press save changes and then follow the instructions in the link. Hope it helped.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Thanks for trying to help me but what do you mean settings? next to my email address name at the top right. Settings is not appearing there.
  5. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

go to settings on the springboard and ther should be a mail tab if you scroll down, all the settings are in there.
  6. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Ok I figured that out but the only problem is that when I press settings, mail, my accounts gMail it goes to all of these things then I have to go to Advanced settings to find something that says imap. It says IMAP Path Prefix and typed in it is a " / " backslash. Can anyone help me from there.

Thank you
  7. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    XD. Well I finally figured out what you were talking about. I thought you meant on the iPod but I guess you were saying on your PC. Well Its all done and working now. Thanks a whole lot and sorry for wasting your time.