Mail Sound Notifications [iPod Touch 2G, 3.0 FW]

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bryvx, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Bryvx

Bryvx New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have a few questions about this because it isn't working for me..
    1) Does it "beep" when you're in hold(wifi still on)?
    2) Is it suppose to "beep" when you're not using the application, say for example you're at you are at your home screen...does it "beep" or does the badge change numbers?

This only works for me when I manually go open the application and go to the account...then i hear a "beep"...and um if this even matters, i am using the default account.

Uhmm.. my settings are..
    NOTIFICATIONS
    -Notifications [ON]

SOUND
    -New Mail [ON]

MAIL>FETCH NEW DATA
    -Push [ON], Manually

What im trying to do is get this work with the "BeejiveIM" app, where when someone messages you when you aren't using the application and it sends you an email. But I dont hear anything until I check my email >_<

PS. ipod is jailbroken if that matters..

Please Register or Log in to view images

If anyone can help me with this that'd be great, thanks!
  2. Red XX Raider

Red XX Raider New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am having the same kind of problem, let me explain mine.
    I have an iPod touch 1g 3.0fw, in 2.x I had sounds set to being output through headphones only for a while. I guess I forgot to change it back before 3.0 because now I can't even find the sounds menu in settings. Is anybody with a 1g having this problem as well. I would love to have my keyboard clicks back.
  3. Dewy666

Dewy666 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    well it is called push notifications so if it is set to push manually then you need to go to mail app to get mail notifications but if you push automatically then it will work with push notifications