Mail Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by hugecanoli, Nov 11, 2007.

1. hugecanoli

hugecanoli New Member

I just installed the mail app, and got it to run without any problems. I attempted to do the hotmail izymail method, but after playing around with it, I just want to set up my gmail account instead.

The problem is, everytime I launch my mail app, it goes directly to this searching for mail screen, and I cannot get out of it. I cant get back to the first screen I saw when I installed the app with the email clients logos listed (gmail, yahoo, etc). For some reason, I cannot get back to any screen that allows me to choose a new email account.

I tried uninstalling & then re-installing the mail app, the mobile mail settings bundle, and also the GMM framework, but even with fresh installs it automatically goes back to the checking inbox screen and I cant get out of it.

All suggestions and help are appreciated. Thanks!
  2. oldschoolboy

oldschoolboy New Member

Actually it's pretty easier than that (I didn't realised at first, too). Just check in settings, under mail. There you'll be able to setup a new account or do whatever you want with the hotmail one. By the way, if your gmail account has it (it's supposed to) use it with imap, really better. Just give it a look and, if you need more info, just ask

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. hugecanoli

hugecanoli New Member

Thanks for the reply. I actually found that a few hours after I successfully found out how to do it manually.

If anybody is interested in manually doing it, all you have to do is go to: /private/var/root/Library/Mail and then delete Accounts.plist

Make sure you save a copy of the original just in case something gets messed up.