Mail Problem After 2.0.1 Upgrade/Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by luloo, Aug 14, 2008.

1. luloo

luloo New Member

Hey all, so I just updated from 1.1.4 to 2.0.1 and jailbroke my ipod and all seems to work well, the only prob is that about 98% of the time my email won't load (restored it from a backup). It just says loading with the throbber and the email never loads. Has anyone else had this problem? I wonder if I delete the gmail account that is set up and resetting it up will make a difference? Any ideas or has anyone had the same problem? Thanks in advance.
  2. iSkate

iSkate Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I had the same problem after first jailbreaking 2.0.1. Everything was back to normal after I rebooted my iPod.
  3. luloo

luloo New Member

I have tried rebooting a few times with no luck, I will give it another shot. If that doesn't work anyone else have any suggestions?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Problem solved, if anyone else has this problem, i deleted the email account from the prev restore from my backup and just reset up my email account and all is good and all emails seem to work now.
  4. tazlines

tazlines New Member

how did you delete the email account!?
    i click delete or try to turn it off and it stays there!
    please help, i use this email account primarily and cant anymore!
  5. luloo

luloo New Member

I actually went to the settings and selected "delete account" to ALL accounts I had in there, even the ones that were "off" and then reset up my gmail and now it works like a charm. Loads even large emails with attachments, no need to "click here to download entire message" or anything. See if that works for you? My backup plan if this didn't work was to do a restore of the firmware but not to use a backup so it would be a new ipod with no mail/calander/contacts/settings from a prev firmware. But not sure if that would work or not, try my first suggestion since it worked for me.
  6. ThunderBull4

ThunderBull4 New Member

A lot of places say, that if you have this problem, get BossPrefs off of Cydia, then click more, then "Fix User Dir Permissions". I havn't had this problem so I'm not sure if this will fix it.
  7. pirchitti

pirchitti New Member

BossPrefs rules

Yes,
    using BossPrefs from Cisya solves the problem!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thx very much!!
    Greetings to all!

Please Register or Log in to view images