Mail not working on 1.1.2?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Switch, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Switch

Switch New Member

So I upgraded to 1.1.2 yesterday and everything works fine with it now except for mail. Is this just because it was made for 1.1.1 or this there something i need to change?

Also i searched for a thread on adding another icon to the dock and couldnt find it? anyone mind posting the link to a guide? I'd appreciate it.
  2. iKuro

iKuro New Member

you need to install Mail.app fix to work on 1.1.2 firmware
  3. spraggih

spraggih New Member

x2

Yes you need to download the iPhone 1.1.2 apps (mail included) for the 1.1.2 jailbreak to work with mail.

To get the 1.1.2 iPhone apps you can google TouchDev and go their site. After downloading iPhone 1.1.2 you must extract out the iPhone apps.

Or perform a specific search. Specific because there are a lot of 1.1.2 threads and only one (may be a few) where the iPhone 1.1.2 apps are listed as a link/download. There was a member on this forum who provided a link to the extracted 1.1.2 iPhone apps.
  4. bigcloits

bigcloits New Member

Yep, what spraggih said.

Getting Mail.app working was really the only problem I had with jailbreaking a 1.1.2 iPod touch. It crashed when it checked for new mail. And the problem was that I unwittingly had installed v1.1.1 iPhone apps. When I found and installed a v1.1.2 Mail.app, the problem was resolved. I am now happily emailing on my iPod touch.
  5. bentwookie

bentwookie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Where?

Where did you find the 1.1.2 mail.app?
  6. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    here is the source on installer iPhone Apps: repo.us.to
  7. Jwharmsby

Jwharmsby New Member

I agree, this source has the 1.1.2 files straight for download and they worked 'out of the box' for me with no messing around to do.

Please Register or Log in to view images