Mail is crashing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chridal, Oct 14, 2007.

1. chridal

chridal New Member

Hello,

I've obviosly Jailbroken my iPod Touch, but I'm having some problems with the Mail App. Every other App is working perfectly, and it's only Mail that's crashing. Just so you know.

I've managed to set up my Gmail account in the settings "app", and the account is verified and working.

The problem arrives when I start the application; the app runs for about 2-5 seconds, and thus crashing. I have no knowledge whatsoever what might be causing this problem and I've tried a lot of stuff to get it to work. Read almost every single mail thread in this forum.

1. I've CHMOD-ed all directories to 755, via CyberDuck SFTP.
    2. I've CHMOD-ed the same directories, via iTerm (Terminal app in OS X).
    3. I've rebooted it several times, and it doesn't make a change.

If anyone knows anything, please post.

(I do have both the GMM.framework and the MobileMailSettings.bundle in the right directory.)

Thanks!

- Love from Russia.
  2. chridal

chridal New Member

Anyone? *bump*

Does no one really know anything about this issue?
  3. MikeB

MikeB New Member

would love an answer too

Hey
    Glad you posted. I've already posted on another Thread that I can't get my mail.app to work at all. I've asked for help, but nobody's ventured anything. So, it's either really easy or many others are in the dark too. I'm gonna keep searching the 'net. If I find anything, I'll get in touch.
  4. chridal

chridal New Member

Hey,

I'm kind of glad to hear some one else got the problem altso.

Yea, I'm still searching the web too, I'll send you a message or post it in mine or your thread if I get some sort of solution.

Thanks.

- Love from Russia.
  5. Turbobrik

Turbobrik New Member

I had the same problem until I read another thread on here with people having the same problem, come to find out the mail.app that I had was corrupted somehow so I downloaded another one and It worked, I'll try and see If I can find that thread a post a link or maybe someone else can if they beat me to it.
  6. Turbobrik

Turbobrik New Member

7. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you guys are still having problem ssh in and try the following:

/bin/csh

/bin/chmod -Rf a+x /Applications/*

make sure to add the a+
  8. MikeB

MikeB New Member

I'm good

Thanks for the responses. I read another forum yesterday and late late last night I was able to find the problem. My mail.apps (various files) got placed in the wrong folders as a result of the initial jailbreak with the initial install files/folders and instructions. So I downloaded another set and placed them in the right spots.

Now my mail.apps work as supposed to. Only problem I've got is to figure if I want to use it (i.e. have my email go to my iPod rather than my iMac). I haven't found out if I can have the emails duplicated so that they're not just on the iPod.... any ideas?

Anybody still having initial problems, email me, I'll see if I can shed some light...keeping in mind that I'm a major noob!

Cheers,
    Mike
  9. ali.bigolo

ali.bigolo Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well for all good email service providers you have the option to "archive" your email in your inbox, or have a copy of it kept in your inbox when you enable POP e.g. in Gmail you go to settings --> Forwarding and POP and then you will see the options. So do a search for your provider and see what comes up.

Ali
  10. chridal

chridal New Member

Hey man!

Could you please post that article to me also?

I'm sure this might be my problem too.

Thanks!