Mail Icon

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipodmanfan, Nov 7, 2008.

1. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Hi my first post, hope some 1 can help. Ok I have a Jailbroken I pod touch 8gb 1st generation with firmware 1.1.3.(shipped with 1.1.5 but read somewhere that i liberty did not support version so downgraded) I jailbroke it with i liberty and installed Cydia (not installer) because I had a problem with installer on zi-phone. I installed installer from cydia everything is working ok, I have the fake bsd subsystem installed to stop any issues with cydia but I no longer have a mail icon.Please can some 1 tell me how to get my mail icon back?
    Can I install it again from packages if so which 1?
    Thankyou to this great forum I would not of had a clue how to jailbreak my Daughters i pod touch, by the way she is delighted with all the goodies.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Welcome to iPod touch Fans. That's what this community is all about.

Do you have an application installed such as BossPrefs that may be hiding the Mail icon? Otherwise, you could install the January App Pack through Cydia/Installer which includes the five applications released in January (mail, maps, notes, weather, stocks).
  3. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Thankyou, no I only have Boss Tool installed in installer and Bigboss themes pack, BB wallpaper pack and BB sources, I cant find the January pack under mail would that be in packages, whats it listed in?
    Thankyou again.
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Does your version of Installer not have a search bar? You can type in "January App Pack" into that search bar.
  5. f1av0rflave

f1av0rflave Banned

install poof and unhide it, assuming you have had the mail and other iphone apps already.
  6. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I installed the January app. pack from a source but did not get the mail icon and maps icon however it did install the notes, stocks and the wiggly icon feature. I found out that this is a common problem for some reason in 1.1.3 firmware but happy now I found the source thankyou for your help

Now that I have most things working I won't bother to restore 1.1.4 firmware at the moment.
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Wow, 1.1.3 wtf?

You should seriously consider upgrading to 2.1.
  8. Pelaez-1

Pelaez-1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    After you installed the January pack, did you get the mail icon, and then it disappeared? If so, install OpenSSH, SSH into the iPod, and look under "/Applications" to see if there is a folder called MobileMail.app

If you never actually got the Mail icon, try reinstalling the January pack, or installing it from other source.

He did not ask about our (or in this case your) thoughts on 1.1.3, and the way you are saying it is just rude.
  9. ipodmanfan

ipodmanfan New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Yes I will consider upgrading but not yet, as I said in my post. My 13 year old Daughter is very happy with her new Jailbroken I pod Touch at the moment. Just like to thank all the OTHERS who tried to help.