Mail filters in Mail.app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by eddygazilion, Jan 2, 2008.

1. eddygazilion

eddygazilion New Member

Is there any sort of way to filter messages sent to your mail account with mail.app? Or, for that matter, even a way to create directories in mail.app? I just want something to filter out certain messages, like sending texts from phones (I.e. Anything from vtext.com goes into a text messages folder), I was just wondering if there was any way to do that.

Thanks!
    Eddy
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I don't think there is a way to create filters in mail.app. I could be wrong, but keep in mind that it is very basic and I'm not sure you can even save attachments.
  3. herve5

herve5 New Member

I think on ou small machine, you have to move the filtering rather to your email server.

What about selecting an email server that you can access via IMAP, and on which you'll prepare the right folders, and add the right filtering rules, so that after this you connect with you iphone or Touch and just see the folders?

In my country (France), the free "la poste" mail provider can do this, for instance.
    When you connect to a server the IMAP way, you see all its inner folders separately with mail.app.