Mail, Contacts, Calendars Settings not available?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0 Jailbreak' started by mlanoe, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mlanoe

mlanoe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not sure if it is after I upgraded to FW 3.0 or the jailbreak, but I cannot access the mail, contacts, calendars settings anymore.
    When I go to setting, it is simply not shown.

What could cause that? How do I find it again? Could it be hidden somewhere somehow?

I need to add more email accounts, but I have no other way of doing it? Is there a work around somehow using SSH maybe?

looking forward to your suggestions!
  2. steve19137

steve19137 New Member

did you have 2.x jailbroken? if you did, then you need to restore to 3.0. that will remove all traces of jailbroken mods, and you will have a fresh start with no issues.
  3. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Did you download supreme preferences or a preferences add-on?
  4. mlanoe

mlanoe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It was 2.X jailbroken, but I did a fresh restore to 3.0 before jailbreaking.

As for preferences add-on I have the BossPrefs, Extended Preferences, and SBSettings
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ah!! Thanks Suzuki... as I was going thru my list of preferences installed I tried uninstalling Extended preferences in Winterboard and it brought the settings back on.
    Not sure why extended preferences would do that. Actually not sure what it does at all. ahah!!

Sweet. Thanks.
  5. SuzukiGS750EZ

SuzukiGS750EZ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    It's because they aren't set up for 3.0. Any of the preference add-ons will do that. Download supreme preferences but don't enable it in winterboard. when they update it it'll tell you in cydia. It's better than extended preferences, i've used both.
  6. mlanoe

mlanoe New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'll try it.
  7. bibs213

bibs213 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I had the same problem, if you used the categories App to put the mail app into a folder, return it to your home screen and it should work.