Mail Application Crashes...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by tinyman392, Aug 21, 2009.

1. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I'm on a 2nd Generation iPod Touch (3.0 Jailbroken). My Mail Application mysteriously stopped working today after syncing. I need ideas on how to get it to work again. Here is in detail, my problem:

After opening MobileMail.app:
    -Opens Successfully
    -Checks for Mail
    -Starts Downloading Mail
    -Crashes.

Things I've tried:
    -Permissions on both the /var/mobile/Library/Mail/ Folder and MobileMail.app
    -Deleting the /var/mobile/Library/Mail/ folder: This gives me a temporary fix. After doing this, the app works normally, until it crashes or is fully quit out of. After restarting the Mail app, it crashes after downloading mail.
    -Replacing the Mail accounts on my iPod through iTunes, Same result as deleting /var/mobile/Library/Mail/ folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

By the way, I'm not in any mood to restore right now, but that is my LAST resort.

Thanks in advance,
    Tinyman392
  2. eblah

eblah New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, on my Mac sometimes Mail will would crash if I was attempting to download a message with an attachment. Since 10.5.6, I don't think this has happened. I'm not sure if they share any of the same code, but I wouldn't doubt they do, so do any of your e-mails contain attachments? That would be my rough guess on what it could be ...