Mail.app

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jboner14, Mar 19, 2009.

1. jboner14

jboner14 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    can you get it on the ipod touch? im tired of having to check my email so often and would just like to know when i have new mail.
  2. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Isnt the mail app already on the ipod touch?
  3. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its the little icon on your screen that says mail.
    ta da
  4. jboner14

jboner14 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha. i mean like one that automatically checks your mail.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    You mean push email. Like an SMS on your phone. I dont beleive that it ipod or iphone supports this at the moment as it would require a mail app to be running all the time.

At the moment, the current email client on the iPod/iPhone is a pull mail client. That means it needs to be started, log into the mail server and request any new e-mails. A push system does not require you to log in and receives a notice that you have new e-mail much like receiving an SMS. You can then log in to get your mail. Some e-mail services dont support push mail anyway, so it would be useless to them.

Ive heard it can be done with MS Exchange servers, but im still looking into it. If i can find out how its done, ill come back and write up some more.
  6. ZaidKoya

ZaidKoya New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i use my gmail account and my hotmail account for my mail app, and i got puch notifications when i get an e-mail.

maybe try turning 'fetch' on?
    settings > Fetch New data(under wi-fi) > fetch hourly( for longer battery life)
    that should work...i also have PUSH on, so maybe hotmail and gmail support PUSH?

PS..if u wanna add your hotmail account..->settings>mail,contacts,calender>add account>other>just enter it in : )