Mail.app + Yahoo! Mail

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Parm289, May 28, 2008.

1. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I just noticed this today, so I might be behind the times. But the last time I checked, you needed to have premium Yahoo! Mail account to sync with the iPod Touch.

So today I saw an ad on the main Yahoo! Mail site for Y!M on the iPhone. I thought to myself, "It must be an ad for the mobile yahoo site, m.yahoo.com, which I've been using since I got my iPod."

I clicked on the link and it provided a link to m.yahoo.com/mail. Of course.

But, at the bottom, I saw a little picture that said "Y!M enhanced for Blackberry and iPhone. Click here for details." I clicked, and voila, it provided instructions on how to set up Y!M in Mail.app.

Now, not being a noob with Mail.app (I already use it with a spam-free gmail account), I quickly set up my Y!M account and synced all my 530 spam emails to my touch.

For those of you who didn't know, you can now use Y!M with Mail.app. My question now is, when did this happen?

And, is this possible because of 1.1.4 (which I'm on), or Yahoo themselves? I've heard rumors that Y!M worked on 1.1.3/4 a long time ago.
  2. KhmerB10

KhmerB10 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It was working for a very long time ago, i think beginning of march ? (thats when i knew it)
    i was on yahoo and then i saw like use iphone ....
    i didnt bother making a thread, because there was already someone who figured it out
    i searched

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. mclaurin10

mclaurin10 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    To be honest I woundered this awhile ago as well, why when I typed my email and pass intothe mail app under the yahoo banner I got nada, then I checked and Yahoo charged $60 a year for IMAP service, so I said "f*** that" and got Gmail

Much happier.
  4. Parm289

Parm289 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I thought I saw a thread on this, but remembered it being that rumor I said in the first post.

I also said F That to yahoo when I couldn't use it with my iPod, and made a gmail account. It was just a really big hassle for my contacts to use my new email, and I still receieved important emails in my yahoo account. So, I found out a free, annoying and overall pretty useless way to forward my yahoo mail to my gmail box.

So now I'm happy that I can use my yahoo account on my touch and still have my professional, spam-free gmail account to use at any time.

(I think Yahoo's iPhone service is actually IMAP, so we're getting free what other users have to pay $60 for. Yay.)
  5. DaBeast

DaBeast New Member

my gmail account still does not work on my iPod touch.