Mail.app won't delete or turn off accounts

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by mlbplayer456_is_back, Aug 13, 2008.

1. mlbplayer456_is_back

mlbplayer456_is_back New Member

when i try to delete an account from it it doesnt delete. the reason why is cause my ipod kept beeping (which means new mail) it beeps like every 5 minutes its either spam or theres something wrong but bottom line they won't delete. can someone help me?
  2. Vega

Vega New Member

Have you tried going into
    ->Settings->Mail->Select the account, then scroll to the bottom->It should say delete account.

Try that, other than that I'm not sure, maybe try resetting permissions.
  3. ASLAN27n

ASLAN27n New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Did u update to 2.0 and back up from a 1.1.4 back up with ur email account being saved. if that is the case becuz u jailbroke 1.1.4 and updated then ur mail app is corrupted which means the only way u can fix that is by restoring and setting up as a new ipod
  4. Yongkykun

Yongkykun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I've updated to 2.0.1 and my mail.app won't start, it just shows up for a second or two, then it shuts itself off. Is that because of the same problem (JBed from 1.1.4)? If so, is there any way get it to work without restoring and setting my iPod as a new one?

I'm going to try and erase my accounts first, hopefully this method works. But if anyone has better working solution then please do help me... thanks!
  5. mlbplayer456_is_back

mlbplayer456_is_back New Member

can someone upload the mail.app for 2.0 and /var/mobile/Library/Mail please upload the /var/mobile one as if you did a fresh restore or if you did thanks
  6. ASLAN27n

ASLAN27n New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im pretty sure u have to set up as a new ipod. the same thing happened to me to so i had to set up a new ipod
  7. Zee

Zee Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    This happened on my wife's iPod touch after I went from 2.0.1 to pwning it. I restored from her backup, I couldn't delete the mail account even though the big "Delete" button was there. I couldn't set up a new account no matter how hard I tried. I re-pwned again only the 2nd time I chose "Set up as a new iPod" instead of restoring from backup. Everything works fine now.