Mail App Trouble

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Dman51, Nov 2, 2007.

1. Dman51

Dman51 New Member

Hey I am having trouble to add the Mail App to my iPoT. I have added stocks and such but for some reason when I add Mail it only comes up with blank screen and a settings button. I dont know where to add the Mail.Bundle I added it to the Mail.app folder but I guess that is wrong because it still wont work. Any help Thanks!
  2. MatthewCCNA

MatthewCCNA New Member

Me too, any one found a fix?
  3. 4N70N10

4N70N10 New Member

i have the same problem..
  4. TARCHUNAKE

TARCHUNAKE New Member

When You're Transfering The Folder Over - Right Click It And Make Sure The Number There Is 755 - Also Check That Little Box At The Bottom (cant Remember What It Said) And That Should Do It!
  5. gstubbs@azautomotive.ca

gstubbs@azautomotive.ca New Member

You need to put the MobileMail.app into the /Applications folder. After it is installed there you should click on the MobileMail.app folder and set the permissions to 755. That will allow you to run/execute the program. What program are you using to install with?
  6. MatthewCCNA

MatthewCCNA New Member

I fixed it

I pieced together a fix, Mobile Mail requires other files to run, simply move them to the required directors

This is listed if done from a Terminal window (I think putty would be similar, however I can’t check, I only have Macs and Linux)

cd <what ever folder has MobileMailSettings.bundle and GMM.framework>
    scp -r MobileMailSettings.bundle/ root@<iPod touch’s IP>:/System/Library/PreferenceBundles/
    <Enter SSH password>
    scp –r GMM.framework/ root@<iPod touch’s IP>:/System/Library/Frameworks
    <Enter SSH password>

It should work now, or at least it did for me, if not check you permissions
  7. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    hey, for mail to work, like the poster above said, you need mobilemailsettings.bundle in a certain folder, i'm not quite sure which one, but go to the ultimate guide (do a search on the forum) and it tells you exactly how to make all the iphone apps work. Make sure to follow the instructions to the letter and you'll be fine!
  8. 4N70N10

4N70N10 New Member

this worked for me. moving the MobileMailSettings.bundle to the iPod touch’s /System/Library/PreferenceBundles/ directory. thanks