Mail.app sending problems

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by arj8138, Dec 29, 2007.

1. arj8138

arj8138 New Member

Hai.

So i have Mail.app set up fine on my Touch, i can recieve mail from GMail through IMAP and its all good.

The only problem is that I cannot reply or create new messages. I can get to the send screen, pick my reciever etc. but when I hit the send button the app just crashes

Thx
  2. IDEA0915

IDEA0915 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Same problem. Any solutions?
  3. gorskino10

gorskino10 New Member

No there is no fix for this problem as everyone who has mail.app will have this problem but i have not heard about anyone trying to mod/fix this application so you may not get it too work even in the near future,but whey don't you go to hotmail on safari as you can log in and send mail that way.
  4. bluetiger20

bluetiger20 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    What???? I have Mail.app set up on my iTouch with Gmail and it works just fine sending and replying and what not. Granted, I dont have my Gmail set up on IMAP, but i have never encountered any problems whatsoever doing anything normal inside of mail.app. Im running 1.1.2 with the 1.1.2 mail.app copied from the iPhone software (not from an Installer source).
  5. FluxBox

FluxBox New Member

Yeah, don't say "everyone has this problem and always will," because I have never, and still don't, have this problem. I've been sending emails since when I first installed Installer.app and Mail.app. And actually, I prefer sending from my iPod than from mail.google.com/mail.
  6. mindtriplx

mindtriplx New Member

my gmail works fine. i just cant get my pop account or yahoo account to work. any ideas out there?
  7. doomedraven

doomedraven New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    im using aol and when i hit send it says something error...
  8. arj8138

arj8138 New Member

IMAP lets you access GMails server in that when I delete something it is deleted from my inbox too, and I can access all of my labels.

You cant upload an attachment through MobileSafari so I was hoping to e-mail some screenshots I took through Mail.app.
  9. jonathan9367

jonathan9367 New Member

i had a problem like this w/ yahoo i just switched to aol
  10. arj8138

arj8138 New Member

So i found out that I did not have it set up *apparently* through Mail.app for an outgoing server.

So I did that, and now I get an error saying that it cannot connect to the server