Mail app. problem...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mavalos01, Oct 22, 2007.

1. mavalos01

mavalos01 New Member

I hope I'm not repeating a question...(i know some or all of you hate that...) but, I'm having problem trying to access my yahoo account via the mail application...When I input the information required in order to gain access to the account it keeps telling me:

"CANNOT GET MAIL...The user name or password for 'imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com' is incorrect'"

And I verified my information literally like a-thousand times....Is this common? 'Cus I can login to my Google account at ease..with no problems???

Is there in extra step required in order to gain access...or is it just me??

Thanx in advanced...I really appreciate it!!!!
  2. thrashzor

thrashzor New Member

I have the same problem. Maybe it has something to do with the domain? My e-mail is registered on the .se yahoo domain. I type the login information correct, still it wont log me in.
  3. blackgoat226

blackgoat226 New Member

It's doing the exact same thing for me, I paid for the Plus Mail features and now I can't use my POP...
  4. macster

macster New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    U cant use yahoo mail on mail app u need to updated to yahoo pro

U can't use yahoo u need to update to pro pay 20 $ bucks xtra. I had the same problem .
  5. Touchnoob0211

Touchnoob0211 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    wait so.. the only supported emails are .mac and google? my yahoo doesnt work either.. i have a @hotmail.com account too and that doesnt work...
  6. romeboards

romeboards Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  7. Jellicle

Jellicle New Member

No, any (normal) POP or IMAP account should work. Perhaps Yahoo do something funky that makes their POP non-standard?