Mail App Notify

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Moumentai, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

I was wondering if there is somekind of way, to let me know that whenever I have a new e-mail, something pops up on my iTouch?

Like the same when you have an event in the Agenda, and you want to be notified 15 minutes in advance. The screen of your iTouch comes with the event that is starting in 15 minutes, along with the funny sound that the iTouch can produce

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was wondering if there is such a thing for a new e-mail message aswell. Something like a notify off: You have a new e-mail message! *beep beep*

Thanks in advance!
  2. johnInSJ

johnInSJ Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    There is a notify app... I installed it, it puts an envelope icon on the top bar - search for notify
  3. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

That's not really what I am asking for. Since that still requires me to push the sleep button in order to see if I recieved any e-mail.
  4. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

5. Pitt

Pitt New Member

I was searching for something like that, but I do not think it exists (yet).
    The 'envelope thing' as far as I know, doesn't work with 1.1.2 firmware...please correct me if I'm wrong (and maybe point me to the right application, I do not find it anymore in the repos).
    And to add something, I would like, if anyone knows how, to add a piezo sound when you recive a new email even with the screen off (with the screen off, Mail app open and WiFi open with autoconnect to known WiFi signals you can go on for hours...and when you turn on the screen all your emails are there, it's fantastic imho).
  6. Pezmaster1

Pezmaster1 New Member

taskarnotifier.app is the closest your going to get my friends seeing as the ipod touches speaker can only handle clicks and slight humms
    so there wouldnt be a a sound notifier.
    cant think of ne other way you could do it
  7. Apple Guy

Apple Guy Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just make the piezo make a little chirp sound to let you know about new Mail. You could get used to it just like computers make funny noises to let you know of things. I don't know if it would be that hard either, just take the code that the clock app uses to make the sounds and put that into the notifier app, then the notifier app will check for mail and NOTIFY YOU!!!
  8. ohdarlingx

ohdarlingx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    taskbar notifier works no problem with jailbreaked 1.1.2

It's in the Utilities Category
  9. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

Sadly enough that's stll not really what I was looking for. My perfect idea was, putting the itouch in its plastic little holder, so that I can look at it while I am working. And then it checks my email every 15 minutes. And when I got new e-mail, I must get a notify right away showing on my screen with a little optional beep.
    JUST like the agenda does, when you post in an event and you want to be notified 15 minutes before the event starts. EXACTLY that, but then for e-mail

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Moumentai

Moumentai New Member

Still nothing?