Mail app in 3.0 (Behaving oddly for me)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by parasectre, Jun 18, 2009.

1. parasectre

parasectre New Member

Hello, this is my first post, so sorry if someone else has already had my issue and have fixed but I couldn't find anything about it through google.

Anyway, my issue is this:

Yesterday I upgrade to 3.0 and everything was fine, however, I've noticed some odd behaviour from the mail app. Whereas before when the mail app was opened it would check through all mail accounts for new messages, however, now it doesn't. The icon at the top of the screen spins but that's it. However, if I actually open the mail app and then go into one of my mail accounts, it then downloads the mail for that account (only).

I'm wondering why it no longer checks mail as soon as the app opens. It did this in 2.2.1 but doesn't seem to work in 3.0 (for me). I've checked through settings (Push/Fetch) and they seem to be the same as they were in 2.2.1, it's very odd, I wonder if anyone can shed some light on it.

Thanks for any help!
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

try setting it to check for mail every 15 mins.. rather than manually... i think that would be worth a shot
  3. parasectre

parasectre New Member

Thankyou very much beebop!

I set it to 15 minutes and as soon as the mail app was opened it began checking all my accounts. I could have been sure it was set to manual on 2.2.1 though?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, whatever works, works (as they say).

Thanks again for the help!
  4. cOde0010Joy

cOde0010Joy Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    it would cause your ipod touch/iphone to consume more battery though... just keep that in mind if you keep that setting..
  5. beebop

beebop New Member

yeah good point... that setting does drain your juice faster.. you could experiment with 30 mins or whatever you like... i guess it's different for each user

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. parasectre

parasectre New Member

Thanks for the point on battery life. I've changed it to every hour, I think that must've been what it was set to on 2.2.1 iirc.

Thanks for all the help!