Mail app fails to open

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Skor, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Skor

Skor New Member

My mail app crashes without displaying anything aside from the mail background and top and bottom blue bars before crashing in about 3-5 seconds. Does anyone have a past fix that has worked for them? I'd tried restoring all settings and deleting the mail account from themail settings page, but my account(set up and working fine before 2.0) will not die!
    Does anyone have a working gmail account and have the info from their advanced settings like ingoing/outgoing servers? Maybe if I corrected those it would work, although I'm pretty sure its the actual app. How can I possibly fix this? (I'm on a non-jailbroken 2.0.1 btw, I thought it could've been one of those "bug fixes" in the update)
  2. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    restore as new ipod... not from backup... got it????
  3. Skor

Skor New Member

Awww, but I'll lose my notes and calendar events. And waiting 3 or 4 hours for content to sync is SO lame. Could you modify backups to omit some data?
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    once again. restore as new ipod. unless youwant to stay on that firmware until the dev team of cmv find a update thier software...
  5. Skor

Skor New Member

So I've tried restoring several times without backups starting fresh, with my most recent backups, and with both of my other backups from varying points in the year, but my mail app won't work.
    It say that the mail app could not connect to the gmail imap servers, but I've filled out the info several times both under the gmail option on the ipod, and under the "other" category as instructed by gmail here(even though it says I don't need to do that if my firmware is later than 1.1.3).
    Anyone?
    It also mentions not being able to connect using SSL whenever I try to set up an account. What's SSL?
  6. Skor

Skor New Member

Anybody else had this problem?
  7. jap

jap Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Donwload bosspref and fix the directory permission
  8. Skor

Skor New Member

That's a bit hard with 2.0.1 and windows(I'm not jailbroken).
  9. bob12345333

bob12345333 New Member

non-jailbroken

Please Register or Log in to view images