Mail.app downloads ALL gmail messages

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by JMG2k6, Dec 28, 2007.

1. JMG2k6

JMG2k6 New Member

Even if they're marked read on my computer, the ipot is downloading all of them. I have quite a few messages, so it's a bit frustrating having to delete them all 1 by 1. Is there any way to set it so it only downloads unread mail?
  2. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, should have searched a bit more

Please Register or Log in to view images

Your best bet is to setup Gmail by selecting Other on the Mail Account Creation page and then use an IMAP account - that way your iPod Touch and online email will be synced. You delete on your computer, it's deleted on your iPod Touch. You read on your iPod Touch, it's read on your computer... Simple.
  3. JMG2k6

JMG2k6 New Member

The thing is I don't delete most of my email. I just read it and leave it "read" in the inbox.

Even with imap, the ipot is trying to download all 200 of my messages, despite them all being read. How can I stop that?
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Limit it to 25 messages to download at a time in the settings. Otherwise, 200+ in the inbox just ain't gonna work with a mobile device like that...
  5. JMG2k6

JMG2k6 New Member

I do limit it to 25, but as soon as I delete one, it downloads another one.
  6. marv101

marv101 New Member

I found that it eventually gives up and then only downloads new ones since youve deleted them off your ipod. Maybe it just downloads those in the past week or so?