Mail.app Crashing in 2.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by mattgilberg, Jul 14, 2008.

1. mattgilberg

mattgilberg New Member

Alright, so I upgraded my touch to 2.0 the other day and initially all of the apps worked (ex. Safari, Mail, Maps, App Store applications) but for whatever reason, my mail app no longer works and it crashes when loading. The interface loads for a split second, but then I'm suddenly sent back to the home screen. Since this is an unmodified firmware, I don't expect anyone to find an easy solution other than restoring, but I just was wondering if anyone else has encountered this issue.

P.S. - Obviously I have tried restarting and another thing, is that I am unable to delete my account through Settings.app nor can I modify it.
  2. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

My safari app died recently, and I got some home button errors, as in it presses itself, when no one is there!!

Kinda like the lady with the possessed iphone :O, only it doesn't burn my fingers ;o;

Edit: Forgot to tell you that I restored it :x
  3. Kainz

Kainz New Member

I upgraded my jailbroken touch last night and also have the same thing. I don't even see the mail interface. The app just quits to the dashboard right away. I have read that restoring your touch as a new device sorts this out but I don't fancy re-synching all my stuff.
  4. Shmooze

Shmooze New Member

yes me too. I aquired my firmware without itunes however
  5. Kainz

Kainz New Member

I can confirm that restoring the touch as a new device does fix the mail issue. However I did it in such a hurry that I forgot to backup all my photos so I lost the lot. I also never took into account that I'd have to tell iTunes again to synch my calendars/contacts. So here I am sitting at work with a plod and no calendar/contact details grrr.
  6. Wyatt2987

Wyatt2987 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I have the same issue and restoring DID NOT fix it.