Mail App corrupted with upgrade to 2.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MattLawlis, Jul 13, 2008.

1. MattLawlis

MattLawlis New Member

My Mail App was corrupted when I upgraded to 2.0. When I click the app, a black screen comes up, and a second later it takes me back to the home screen.

Anyone have a link to where I can download this 2.0 app or a repo where I can download it from?
  2. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    repo?? where will you add a repo on 2.0?? maybe try a restore...
  3. MattLawlis

MattLawlis New Member

Oh, I didn't know you couldn't jailbreak with 2.0?

I don't really want to restore -_- some of the stuff on my iPod isn't on my computer
  4. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    how do you have that much stuff on your ipod but not on the computer..... and the update is only 3 days old??
  5. MattLawlis

MattLawlis New Member

I store all of my iPod movies and music videos on an external harddrive to save disk space. My powercord for the ex hdd broke, so I can't put that stuff back on right now.

That's not my question though... I just want to know if there is a way for me to put the Mail app back on without restoring.
  6. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    As an expert to this problem, I do recommend a restore buddy, i'm sorry.
    Since you chose to continue with your old iPod settings, the Mail.app is still somehow colliding with your old firmware, thus a crash. So it's best to restore and to start fresh and clean man. I'm sorry, but that's what others had to do, including me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Otherwise, delete your mail account on mail settings and add it again. Wait a few hours and it may function. Hope that's the solution bro.

7. pjo1966

pjo1966 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know about anybody else, but I'm not able to delete my e-mail accounts from my Touch. Also, when I'm in iTunes I deselect both accounts so they won't sync. As soon as I hit sync or apply they are selected again.
  8. eleonoro

eleonoro New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

You have to do a fresh restore and not to use the backup settings
  9. roninx

roninx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)

uhh. i found this in another thread. works for me, i dont have to start fresh

I get this problem every time I sync from my backup after restoring. Here is what I do, works every time:

1) Go to /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/ and delete the file called com.apple.mobilemail.plist or something like that.
    2) Go up a directory to /var/mobile/Library/ and delete the Mail folder and everything in it.
    3) Launch the Mail app, and it won't crash. So just re-set up your mail account, then go to Settings > Mail to change settings and/or add more accounts.
  10. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

thank you so much this helped big time