Mail, Apollo and YouTube won't connect

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Blaqk Panda, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Blaqk Panda

Blaqk Panda New Member

Hey guys, I'm pretty sure this is a network thing. I'm connected via wifi to my company's wireless internet. I have the proxy setup to allow me access through the firewall. My safari, installer, maps, and stocks work great. My problem is that Apollo, Mail, and YouTube flat out refuse to connect. I have already SSH'd the hosts file fix to Apollo, so that shouldn't be an issue there. I guess what I'm asking is that is there any way to use your firewall settings for Mail and what have you?
    Thanks,

Specs - 32 gig iPoT 1.1.4 ZiPhone jailbreak
  2. mlbplayer456

mlbplayer456 Banned

For mail: if it crashes enter this command in putty:
    chown -R mobile:mobile /private/var/mobile

For Apollo: download mobilechat from installer its more reliable and you can use it in landscape mode, and it will connect right after download. If you would like to stick with apollo then follow these steps:
    download this file:
    http://[PIRACY.rs].com/files/93828137/hosts.html

ssh in to your ipod and put the file in to the following directory:
    /var/etc
    then reboot your ipod and apollo will work

for youtube: go in to tweaks 1.1.4 and then install the 1.1.4 Youtube activator and then it will work

next time use iliberty to jailbreak
  3. Blaqk Panda

Blaqk Panda New Member

Mail isn't crashing, it's just saying it can't acces imap.gmail.com.
    I installed mobile chat but it's doing the same thing, just will not connect and eventually times out
    Does MobileChat use the same hosts file as Apollo? Because I already loaded that file to my etc folder.
    I tried the YouTube activator, also no luck there. This is why I think the company firewall is being picky.
  4. KorbinDallas

KorbinDallas New Member

I'm having the same problem with my youtube. I've Installed the fix in installer and it has allowed me to view the "featured" and "most watched" sections but I still can't search anything. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.