magnetic case for motorcycle?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by seze1, Mar 13, 2008.

1. seze1

seze1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Has anyone seen anything like this? Alot of companies make magnetic packs for maps and such, would be nice to have one for the touch with a plastic "screen" so you could operate it. Thanks for any replies!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well you should buy Neodymium magnets (not sure of the Spelling) but get them here!! www.thinkgeek.com

then just superglue them to your case, be careful though, It might just fall one day, Because of the heat.
  3. seze1

seze1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    ^^^^^uhhh..............what?!....not exactly what I was thinking.....

4. berky93

berky93 New Member

I have those, and they are NOT strong enough to attach your touch to a motorcycle.

and seze, what ARE you talking about then?

if you want to attach your touch to your motorcycle, magnets are not the best way - get a leather case with a strong belt loop, and then run a belt or strong piece of cloth through the loop and around your cycle. that is a lot safer (personally, I'd just not attach your touch to your motorcycle and get aremote, which is a lot lighter and you could attach with magnets or something)
  5. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

maybe i'm a little behind here, but i could have sworn that putting a Strong magnet( one strong enough to withstand heat, vibrations, and strong wind) near or on your ipod was VERY BAD thing
  6. seze1

seze1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Th remote idea is sounding pretty good, actually. Where can I check them out at? Thanks guys.

7. eyezack87

eyezack87 New Member

Thats what I'm thinking too...

8. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    No because it dosent use a hard drive which is what gets damaged, it uses flash storage
  9. Iron_Man

Iron_Man New Member

go put a magent up to your TV when its on, then report back what happend
  10. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    well duh... old CRT tv's and monitors used picture tubes... the reason the picture gets messed up when you hold a magnet near it is called "gaussing" on monitors, theres a feature in the menu called "degauss" which rids the monitor of any magnetic problems. however, the touch uses an LCD screen. LCD screens cant become gaussed, because they display the picture using liquid. (hence the name LCD, Liquid Crystal Display) a magnet wont do anything to your touch. the same way it wont do anything if you hold it up to a $2000 LCD TV. as for the memory, the last person was right. it uses flash storage, which also doesnt do anything if you hold a magnet near it.