Mafia Live : Hints and Tips

Discussion in 'Social Game Friend Codes' started by TheIrishMafia, Feb 6, 2009.

1. TheIrishMafia

TheIrishMafia New Member

I've seen plenty of threads for people posting Family Codes (the crack cocaine of mafia Live), but precious little info on how to actually PLAY the game, so I thought iwould share a few tips I've picked up in the last few weeks.

Starting with:

How Family Size affects Fights
    Family Size by itself has no effect on your Fights, but the larger your Family, the more items you can bring to the fight, which has a major impact.
    Each Family member you can bring to the fight will include a weapon, a defense, and a vehicle from your inventory (adding the att/def values for those items). Note that Family members do NOT bring anything other than what you give them.
    For example, if you have 100 Family members, but you only own 1 pistol, 1 AK-47, one helmet, and one Town Car, you are only bringing 4 items to the fight. If you own 100 AK-47 rifles, they will all add to your attack.
    So, you should try to own as many weapons & defenses as you have family members (and no more).

Feel free to add me to your Family (the more the merrier)
    831 423 869
    TheIrishMafia@hotmail.com
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Why You Need AK-47s and Helmets
    If you are involved in a Fight, every Family member you have will bring along a weapon and defense item out of your inventory.
    Since the AK-47 and the Helmet do not require any upkeep cost, you can stock as many as you can afford without them sucking away your income.
    So, at a minimum, you should try to own as many AK-47s and Helmets as you have Family members.

Feel free to add me to your Family (the more the merrier)
    831 423 869
    TheIrishMafia@hotmail.com
    Why you shouldn't be running a Debt
    I was curious to find out what would happen if you ran your Family with a large negative income - and I can now pass along my 'learning experience'.
    For those starting out: You can generate a constant stream of income by buying Real Estate. You also lose money as an upkeep cost for many of your items.
    Since there are reasons to NOT have a net income (refer to posts on Stealing Income), I was curious what would happen if you didn't generate ANY revenue from Real Estate, and just operated at loss.
    At FIRST, this seemed to have no negative effect: money wasn't being taken from the bank account, inventory didn't change, etc. However, this behavior will eventually piss off the Godfather enough that he will take away ALL items that have an upkeep cost, as well as cleaning out your entire Bank Account (net loss for me was around 5 million).
    So, the lesson learned is: Make sure to balance your income and expenses so you're not operating at a loss.
    Stealing Income (and why a big Income can be painful)
    As most of you know, when you pick a Fight with another Family, if you win the Fight you will walk away with some of that Family's cash-on-hand (money that is not stored in the Bank). This is actually a GREAT way to make money, IF you choose your Fights wisely. Instead of picking random fights from the Fight tab, you should be looking at the details for a family (by clicking the green Family box, or the link for the Family name) and picking fights with Families that:
    1) You know you can beat (see posts on Picking Fights)
    2) Have a lot of income generating Real Estate
    Picking a fight with a Family that owns 10 Jewelery Stores, but hasn't equipped a lot of weapons, can nab you tens of thousands in cash.
    The key here, though, is that if you find a real cash cow, you can CONTINUE to steal money from them by navigating back to your My Hood tab and scrolling down to the Recent Fights. If you click on the Family name link from your most recent fight, it will open the screen for that Family --- which includes the button for "Fight this Family". You can continue picking fights as long as you both have the Health to fight.
    The additional lesson here is: Don't let money accumulate from income! It just makes you a target, if you aren't protecting it well enough. Until you can field a pretty big army, your income should be just enough to fund the stuff you own.
    Picking Fights with other Families
    If you don't know how attack/defense is calculated, see other posts on how Family size affects fights, and how to equip the proper weapons/defense.
    Once you have a decent Family size, properly equipped, it's time to start picking fights you know you will win. The easiest/fastest method (of course) is to just pick on folks who only have one or two Family members (since they won't be able to mount any real defense). You'll still get experience for the Win, but odds are you won't be making any money. And you'll find you waste a lot of time picking on people who have no health anyway, since everyone else has already picked on them.
    The more profitable method is to actually take a look at the Family details before picking a fight (by clicking on the green square, or the Family name), and comparing their inventory to yours. You'll be surprised by how many Families have a large number of Family members, but haven't bothered to buy any weapons for all of them to use.
  2. cfol103

cfol103 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Excellent.

All I see around here is stuff about codes, which only belongs to the sticky.

But this is great and has given me alot of great info, good job man

Please Register or Log in to view images

add me if you want
    cfol103@gmail.com
  3. X4M412v7

X4M412v7 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    thanks for the info. very helpful
    added u.

509-661-562
  4. Jonny H

Jonny H New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Some good tips there. I think a lot of people are now wising up (me included) about the need to have enough equipment to match the size of your family.

Another useful idea is to use the ransom job to raise enough money to visit Dal Dottore.

Building up your health is unneccessary

184 914 763
  5. M1k3l4u

M1k3l4u New Member

add me

Build a huge mob

Add me

303 471 163
  6. ramsbams

ramsbams Member

this is a cow cash hahaha

and Tony K too

7. M1k3l4u

M1k3l4u New Member

Add me

Let's make a big
    Mafia family

303 471 163
  8. csm0513

csm0513 New Member

Excellent Post

Thanks for your post Irish. Very well done.

I want to add an additional warning to people trying to earn an honest living via a regular income (in addition to jobs

). I didn't realize until I got creamed by a family that shared no honor amoung thieves (The Dark Lord) that you can fight any family at any level. This family creamed me two nights ago 4 or 5 times which is normally part of the game but they were many levels above me. It's hard to defend yourself when they're fighting with weapons you won't have access to for 30+ levels.

Devs - I'm not sure if you intended this to be a part of the game or not. For me personally, I'd like to see a level difference cap placed on fighting. I just don't see the sport in hunting cows (that'd be me) with a SAW.

Oh, and one more prop Irish. Thanks for running the negative income test. I was wondering what effect that would have. I'm glad I can learn this from you!

9. ramsbams

ramsbams Member

a b*tch attack me this morning five times
    his level is 42 and i´am now at level 26
    he has repeatedly since lost battle against me

shinigami was his name, don´t take him to ur family that loser
  10. Tomaswolff92

Tomaswolff92 New Member

Add my family

Add me..632043940