Made A Boo Boo I Think!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ~Pay~Back~, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ~Pay~Back~

~Pay~Back~ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hello fellow TouchFans, you have been all to helpful in the past, so here i go again. I ran into this late last night, and im at a loss here now, not sure what to do. Any help you have would be outfu**ing standing! So i jailbroke my touch last week and it went fine, however my buddy asked me to do the same to his and here is my problem. when i jailbroke my touch it wasnt from the computer im on now, so upgrade isnt on this comuter and i used my settings in itunes to upgrade his to 3.0 Now i downloaded everything, redsn0w and all that jazz however have no restore in wich to save redsn0w to in the setup. Does anyone no how i can fix this problem. Lost and confused in NY. Advice??? Hooowaaa
  2. kmrua65

kmrua65 New Member

3. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    have no restore in wich to save redsn0w to in the setup.

Huh ??

You don't have a Restore button in iTunes ? Use capitals and punctuations to make your message as clear as possible so people won't have to read you post 8x just to understand 20%.
  4. Raist3001

Raist3001 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
  5. JOS

JOS Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    All I can say is, WTF.
    But in the help case, restore your Touch to the computer you use it on for iTunes and all. Redns0w requires no saves or backups man. I'm still scratching my head to make sense of what i even going on in there.
  6. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My guess is that he wants to JB his dudes iPod, but dudes iPod doesn't have the 3.0 firmware installed. So when he installed redsnow (wherever) to JB his dudes iPod, it can't find the non existant 3.0 "restore.ipsw"...is that about right?

If so, the official and legal answer is that your dude needs to purchase the 3.0 firmware for his own iPod, as giving him your 3.0 firmware from YOUR iPod would be no no. Then you'd have the file redsnow needs to JB.