Machete (2010) - Something is wrong with this picture

Discussion in 'Music, Movies, TV, and Videos' started by ellahgh, Aug 29, 2010.

1. ellahgh

ellahgh New Member

I don't get what is supposed to be art or dribble as the aforementioned title suggests it is. Maybe it's because of the hype that's being generated along

with the apparent controversy tagged along with it. Or what. But I truly despise this film. Why? Because it lacks cohesion as characters are introduced and

then suddenly disappear without warning(with the sole exception of the main character). The action scenes are tragically underwhelming what with the

horrendously fabled MTV-style ADD editing that makes one cringe at the action, rather being thrilled by it. And Lindsay Lohan sticks out like a sore thumb,

the one MAJOR weak point in this constipated, bloated mess. The saving grace of the film is the final battle between Machete and his evil boss. If you want a

better action movie, watch the Expendables instead. Miles ahead of this piece of dog-poo-riddled trash. Avoid at all costs. You're only contributing to the

slow downfall of cinematic art.

johnnymacbest
  2. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
  3. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Machete should not be compared with The Expendables. Machete is filmed in a B-Movie style as opposed to The Expendables Hollywood Blockbuster approach. If you went into Machete expecting a movie like The Expendables you were bound to be dissapointed. I will admit that I have yet to see the film (Hoping to go this weekend), but I think you were just ill prepared to enjoy the film.

The film is an extension of Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino's Grindhouse (Death Proof and Planet Terror) and was intially just a fake movie trailer in between those two features. Due to a great reaction from fans this movie was made.

It is essentially Fan service from Robert Rodriguez until he does Spy Kids 4 to make money to fund more projects like this.
  4. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I heard the expendables was terrible
  5. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It wasn't horrendous, but it was wildly mediocre.

@OP: As stated above, this movie isn't meant to be viewed with a critical eye. The film never would have been created if not for the tremendous fan feedback following the Grindhouse double-feature. It's made for those that enjoyed Rodriguez's and Tarantino's joint effort, and naturally won't be appreciated by anyone who disliked Grindhouse.
  6. Sarcasm Siempre

Sarcasm Siempre New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Machete was never made as a "good movie." It was made as an homage to Mexploitation B-movies from the 70s, much like Grindhouse.

My only issue with it is that they didn't add the scratches, dust, and projector mess-ups from Grindhouse.