Macbook worth it?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by birdman472, Apr 10, 2008.

1. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

Hey guys. i was thinking of buying a mac book (i would probably need one of the cheaper ones since i olny work part time). I was just wondering if they really are worth the money(whcich is quite a bit). Also..is the macbook air anything worth buying? or does it not even compare to the others.

thnx a lot in advance
  2. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My personal Opinion is that Mac Is Good Because it doesn't Freeze as much, or get viruses or sudden erros like Windows. But it also has its cons, Lets say you want to play a simple game or install Microsoft Office, well you just can't. A lot of Applications and software are made for Windows not very many are made for Mac. Now if you just want it to have it then go ahead and get it. You can always load Vista on it. But Read this. http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56356
  3. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

btw

by the way i forgot to mention i already have a pc laptop with windows.
  4. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just keep your windows man, Don't waste your money on a mac, unless you get it cheap.
  5. birdman472

birdman472 Guest

k thnx man
  6. iTouch532

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yep No Prob
  7. LittleMissFairy

LittleMissFairy New Member

I have recieved a macbook Air and..
    Guess what? It does EXACTLY what I need it to do, and it is light enough to carry it anywhere all the time. Battery life concerns? Get the airline adapter, ethernet connections? Get the adapter! One usb port? Get a hub if you need more. As a travel computer I never need more than one, and wireless works for almost everything I need, except the odd time when I need ethernet, that is WHY there is an adapter.

here's a good review for it: http://www.maconair.com/the_pros_and_cons
  8. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im thinking about getting a macbook, my old laptop is crap and really slow. Macbooks are really expensive.
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Lots of people are under the impression that Mac PC's do not Crash, get viruses, and Freezes. It has nothing to do with the Computer itself. Its the Operating system itself. Mac OS X has a low number of viruses, crashes very rarely and is really Fast.

The Advantage of the Mac itself is the EFI Boot Loader compared to the Windows PC Boot Loader (BIOS) which is Obsolete. Mac's hardware is built around the OS which makes it very stable

Mac's may be expensive but they are very reliable and have amazing resell value.

If you try to sell your current computer, you'll get like, half of what it was originally worth. With a Mac, Lets say... Current Low end MacBook ($1,099). In about 1 - 2 years, it'll still be worth around 800 - 900 Dollars.
  10. pod

pod New Member

birdman472 mac is great..
    buy a mac and you can olso run windows with parallels desktop
    don't buy a pro..the new macbook 2.4 is just perfect.