MacBook vs PC

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by iWishfull, Aug 7, 2009.

1. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No I don't want o start an argument and this isn't a kid of poll. But here we go...

This is the story you can read but don't need to. I thought I bought a MacBook 13" refurbished and stuff was gonna be transfered over through my hard drive that I left with the Apple Store. They told me a week later that they never recieved the money so they sent back hard drive (whole comPuter really) and I had spent like $800 on software and AppleCare and whatever and when I looked back at my purchases and the software was the only thing on it. I mist have messed up when buying the MacBook. So now I'm down to $102 in my MacBook fund... oops?

Soooo...

And now my friends are laughing at me and saying that a PC running windows is better... I've barely ever used a Mac before and want to know some reasons that makes it better than a Windows PC.

Any help?

Thanks in advance,
    Wishfull

PS. Nobody say a THING about how much of an idiot I am!!! Because trust me, I know!!!
  2. SeeFreaky

SeeFreaky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well, IMO, OSX is very usable, and although it's not foolproof, it is much more secure than windows. If you really need to, you can run windows as well. Can a windows machine run Mac OS X? You also get all software and hardware support in one place. This is opposed to a Windows running PC, where it can be the OS or the hardware, so either parties will send you between the two.

Also, don't let your friends give you crap about your screw up. It's an honest mistake. See if you can return some of the software and such since you haven't used it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The OS X is the only thing that makes spending $1,000+ reasonable. (IMO)

One question, why exactly did you buy a Macbook? I will say this though. If you want a portable computer to carry around with you everywhere you go, buy an Apple Laptop. If you need a desktop, buy a PC. better yet, build one yourself.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What Xii said.
  5. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um...Instead of just taking it in the ass like that, you should get a full refund from the apple store. Talk to a manager, and get it sorted. Grow a pair of bollocks and get your money back.

Then buy a Macbook online from Apple and transfer your data yourself. It's far from hard.
  6. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

Before I start... I don't wanna respond to everybody else

I'm now getting one because I already have a fast ultra computer running a vista, a sucky computer running xp, and the worst laptop in the history of laptops and is filled with crap. That's why I need a new laptop so I'm choosing a MacBook.
  7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    As I said, if you need a laptop, you can't go wrong with Apple.

Great choice. I'm still waiting on an update to the line myself.
  8. hooger

hooger Banned

Choose your next words wisely, Persian.